Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Kierra POV

I had already closed my eyes to welcome his kiss while Carl was lowering his face towards me. Suddenly someone came in and said," Oh! SORRY!!"

Abruptly we both turned our head and saw Vicky grinning widely at us. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you love birds." She apologized. "The maid let me in and told me I might find you here," she explained.

"It's ok," replied Carl while I was still blushing "What's up?" he asked.

"Well, I actually I came here to have a chat with Kierra, Well you know, we have not seen each other for a while and there's a lot of things to catch up on. Would you mind if I borrow her for a while?" she smiled.

"No problem." Carl shrugged looking at me, "I leave you two girls with your gossip." Kissing me on the cheek he said softly, "I'll be in the game room." He winked, got up and walked out.

I just smiled shyly and I looked at Vicky who was grinning cheek to cheek, "Oh, my, I'm truly jealous of both of you," she squealed excitedly, "You look beautiful together."

I was still blushing, "Thanks."

She walked towards me and sat on the lazy chair which was occupied by Carl earlier, "You don't know how happy I was when Carl told me you two are finally together."

I smiled, "Don't you feel shocked?" I tried to look for some signs of jealousy or frustration in her, but I found none.

"Why would I be shocked?" she chuckled.

"Well, of all the girls, he chose me." I said nervously.

"Well, you are much, much better that any other girl," she laughed. "I would have killed him if he had chosen any other girl," and I laughed with her. "You know, I've been pestering him to tell you after our high school graduation," she continued. "Thank god, he finally got the guts to tell to you."

"Tell me what, Vic?" I questioned her.

"Don't tell me he didn't tell you anything?" she asked me back.

"No, he didn't." I replied. "Tell me what, Vic?" I asked again.

"Damn him," she cursed, "I thought he would have told you the truth."

"Tell me what, Vic?" I pressed.

"What has he actually told to you?" she furiously asked me looking at me with her angry eyes, "And don't you dare lie to me."

Knowing her for so long I had realised to 'Never ever make Vicky angry'. You don't like it when she's angry, she will turn into a monster; and now looking at me she was already a monster. "The truth?" I gulped.

"Kier!" she warned.

I gulped again, "He's in love with you," I said softly. "And he wants me to pretend to be his girlfriend for the whole summer to-"

"-to make me jealous." She cuts in angrily. "Damn! He must have listened to those morons' idea."

"What morons?" I timidly asked.

"Those three friends of his, and yours too." She said fuming.

"You mean Jack, Ben and Jason?" I asked.

"Yes, those three morons," she gritted her teeth. "Damn, I'm going to kill them."

"Vic, cool down," I tried to calm her. "What actually was Carl supposed to tell me?" I asked her again, softly of course.

"That stupid boy has actually been in love with you since high school, didn't you know that?" she snickered. "He promised me to tell you the about his feelings before you both complete your studies."

"What?" I asked in shocked.

"He's in love with you, stupid girl. Not me," she stated.

"What?' I asked again still unable to believe her.

"Kier," she laughed, "Believe it. He's in love with you. He has been since high school."

God, Carl loved me since high school. I just couldn't believe it. I thought he had a change of heart because of my new looks, and all this time, he made me believe he's in love with Vicky. I could feel happy tears rolling down my eyes.

Vicky moved to sit on my chair giving me a hug. "Hey, now that you know, you should be happy. You're in love with him too. Am I right?" she soothed me.

"Yes, I do. I've been in love with him since the first day I met him," I sniffed, pulled her away and looked at her, "but why he didn't tell me? Is he ashamed of me?"

"No, he's not ashamed, he's scared." She said. "He was scared you would laugh or worst punch him like you did to Marcus," she chuckled.

"What? I won't do that to him. You know how Marcus is. He's a jerk and at that time I was only what, eleven years old!?" I said.

"No, you were ten at the time," she laughed. "I told him you wouldn't do that, but he's still scared. He scared that he might lose you forever if you hated him."

"I still can't believe he loved me all this while. I really thought he loved you." I shook my head still unable to believe what I've just heard, "I was thinking that he wouldn't be interested in me. I mean who would want a tomboy to be his girlfriend, right? And he made me believe that was true and I've been trying to help him get you."

"No wonder you kept asking whether I have any slight feelings towards him and asked me to dance with him that night," said Vicky angrily and hit me on the head, "Stupid girl, you were willing to scarify your love for him?"

"For both of you, Vic. I'm willing to do anything for both of you." I told her.

She looked at me with tears in her eyes and hugged me, "I'll do the same for you too, Kier."

Pulling me apart she continued, "Hmm. I think we need to teach your boyfriend a lesson for lying to you about what he feels," she gave me a wicked smile.

"Yeah, I agree with you." I said smiling, "What do you have in mind?"