Chapter 7

A/N : Picture of Alex

*****

Chapter 7 - edited by ASHLEY_B3

Carl didn’t leave my side for the whole night after that, neither did Vicky, Alex, or his friends. They continued chatting and joking with us. Whenever I laughed loudly at Alex or his friends’ jokes, Carl would squeeze my shoulder hard, but I just ignored him. I really enjoyed myself with them and I know I was making him angry but I didn’t care. I assumed Vicky realized that I'd been ignoring Carl, because she looked at me weirdly when I continued to flirt and joke with Alex and his friends.

We finally went back to the villa at 3:00 in the morning. I completely ignored Carl, who never let go of my hand, until we reached his Villa. The rest of the group had gone up to their rooms. I tried to pull my hand away from Carl to walk upstairs, but instead he held my hand tighter and pulled me around to face him.

“Why did you do that just now?” he asked, angrily.

“Do what?” I asked him, in the same tone, as if I didn’t understand what he meant.

“Ignore me and flirt with the other guys.” he reminded me.

I shook my head angrily and pulled my hand away from him. “You should actually thank me, because I’m giving you a chance to be with Vicky. You should have flirted with her when you were dancing and took her somewhere quiet so that you could tell her your feelings, but instead, you acted like a jealous boyfriend and told everyone to keep their hands off of me!!”

“You should thank me too, because I just saved you from them. Do you know that all they want is to get into your pants!?” he yelled back at me.

“Maybe I want to get into their pants too!” I sarcastically told him. “What gives you the right to stop me from doing what I want to do? My boyfriend?!!”

“We are for the whole summer, remember!?” still yelling at me.

I glared at him. “Well, I’ve change my mind. I don’t want to be your girlfriend anymore!”

“What!??” he looked shocked.

“I don’t want to pretend to be your girlfriend anymore!” I shouted at him.

He looked at me, not believing what he heard. “Kierra, you promised to help me and be my girlfriend for the whole summer. You've always kept your promises. Don’t tell me you're backing out now because you found a chance to be with some other guys?”

“Well, maybe I am.” I sternly looked into his eyes. “I've had enough with you and guys using me to get other girls.” I blew my top and ran upstairs, but he managed to catch up with me.

He turned me around to look at him. "Kierra, don’t tell me you're really doing this?"

I looked at him stubbornly. “Yes, I am!! I’m officially breaking up with you as your pretend girlfriend!!” I then turned around and closed my bedroom door behind me. I should be proud of myself, so why am I feeling like I just lost something? Gina had gone to sleep with Jack tonight, so I didn’t have to tell anyone about this and could cry myself to sleep.

I woke up the next morning and looked at the clock. It was only 6:30 am and since I couldn’t sleep, I got up from the bed and decided to go for a jog.

I put my earpieces in my ears and turned on my collection of songs, from the I-pod on my I-Phone, and started jogging. It was peaceful because there were only a few people on the beach. Suddenly I felt someone tap me on my shoulder. I turned my head around and found Alex smiling widely at me. I pulled one of my earpieces out and smiled back at him.

“Good morning, beautiful.” he acknowledged, still smiling. “Alone? Where’s your protective boyfriend?”

“Morning to you too.” I said to him. “Protective huh?” I laughed. “He’s still sleeping. He's still tired due to the long driving and party last night.” I explained. I didn't feel I needed to tell him I broke it off with my pretend boyfriend.

“Hmm, so, it's just you and me.” he teased.

“Yeah, just the two of us.” I laughed.

We continued jogging together and getting to know more about each other. He’s from Philadelphia and just recently graduated from USC in Technical Engineering. The summer Villa was a gift from his grandfather to him, since he’s the only grandson. He comes here every year with Brad and Lee, who were his best friends since high school, and sometimes his family would tag along.

“I've never seen you here before.” he said, smiling at me. “But I think I’ve seen your boyfriend here once or twice.”

“Well, it’s my first time.” I told him.

“Where do you normally go?” he asked.

“Well, I normally went back home, to help my mom in her bookstore.” I chuckled. “Which I love doing.”

“Don’t you go any where for holidays?” he asked.

“Well, sometimes we would go to my grandparents place, but my mom would prefer to spend all her time in the bookstore, which actually has beautiful memories of my dad there.” I smiled softly at him. “I would prefer to spend my holidays there too, than anywhere else.”

“You've lost your father?” he asked softly and I nodded. “I’m sorry.” he apologized.

“You don’t have to be. It has been 12 years.” I told him.

Last night he was flirting with me but this morning I was seeing the other side of him. The charming side and I couldn't stop myself from looking and smiling at him.

He looked and smiled naughtily at me. “You better stop looking and smiling at me like that, before I start doing something we'd both regret.” he laughed.

I blushed and turned my face to the path we were running. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to look at you that way.” I couldn’t help myself from asking him. “Do you have a girlfriend? I mean special one?”

“No, no one special, I’m still single.” he chuckled. “Why? Are you attracted to me?” he teased.

I laughed. “Not yet.” I teased him back.

“Hmm, never mind. I have the whole summer, remember?” he raised his eyebrows naughtily at me, making me laugh with him.