Chapter 3

Edited by : Ashley_B3

Chapter 3

We were all getting ready for our summer trip the next day. We had put up our share to rent an MPV as our transportation and according to Carl it would take us a day and a half to arrive at the port. From the port we will then take a boat to the island, which is an hour journey. Wow, this is exciting because firstly, this is my first time spending the summer with my friends and secondly, it’s my first time going out fully dressed like a woman. Wow. I really hope it will be exciting.

Gina and I were still in our room getting ready when my phone rang. It was Carl on the other line.

“Kierra, what's taking you so long? Mia and Tasha are already here and so are the guys. Hurry up!” he yelled.

“Yes, we’re going down the stairs already.” I told him and hung up my phone. 

“Are you ready?” Gina asked, while smiling widely at me.

“Yeah, I think.” I nervously told her. “Do I really look alright?” I asked her. The girls recommended that I wear a red round collar baby-T with a jacket on top of it and a pair of black tight jeans. They also recommended for me to let my hair down and just clip half of it from behind. You want to know what else? I’m also wearing some make-up and lipstick, not heavy make-up, just light. Can you believe it? Me? Wearing make-up? I, myself don’t even believe it. Even yesterday, when the girls took me to the beauty parlor, I kept asking myself, am I really doing this? Boy, I'm really going to make my mom cry when she sees me now.

“Yes, don’t worry Kierra. You look gorgeous. Believe me.” she assured. I smiled nervously at her and then we went down together. When I passed by some of our friends along the way they looked at me, surprised, then smiled and said “wow”. Some even gave me a thumbs up. Well, that’s a good sign, I hope, and kept my fingers crossed.

“Sorry guys, we’re late.” both Gina and I said when we reached the car. Carl turned around to take the bags from us, and he froze. Looking at me from top to bottom with wide eyes, his jaw nearly dropped to the ground, while the other guys also stopped what they were doing, and also looked at me in surprise with their jaws wide open.

Gina nudged me and we both laughed. “Carl, are you alright?” asked Gina, laughing at him.

“Kierra, is that you?” it was Jack who asked, his eyes were as wide as Carl.

I grinned at them and nodded. “So what do you guys think?”

“Wow, you look....” Ben said, as if he was thinking of a word to say. “Gorgeous.” he finished it, smiling at me. While Jason walked around me, as if to make sure it was really me.

“Thank you. I’m glad you guys approve.” I smiled sweetly at them, but Carl remained frozen and not moving an inch.

Jack hit Carl's back and finally he blinked. “Yeah…. Wow…” he finally said slowly. “I…didn’t know you had long hair.” staring at me.

“Well, now you do.” I smiled.

“Yeah,” he nodded. “and… it’s beautiful.” still staring at me.

“Thank you.” I blushed.

“So can we go now?” asked Mia, smiling from the back.

Still unable to take his eyes off me Carl said. “Yeah, let’s go.” smiling at me, he took both mine and Gina's bags into the car. The girls winked at me and I smiled.

The girls and I sat at the back of the MPV, so that it would be easier for the guys to change drivers along the way. Carl was in the driver seat.

I made myself comfortable and looked through the window, when Gina whispered to me, giggling “I think Carl is looking at you through the rear view mirror.”

I turned to look at him and smiled. “Maybe he still doesn’t believe his eyes.” she said again and we laughed.

Carl pulled into a petrol station to refill our gas. I only realized he was staring at me again when Gina nudged me. When he realized that the girls and I were laughing at him, he quickly looked away.

After a long day of driving, we finally reached our first stop at a nice hotel, which the guys had made the reservation earlier. They went directly to the reception area to register and got the keys to our rooms.

Gina and I shared the same room. We were making our way to the lift, when a bell boy came to us. “Can I help you with your backpacks and show you to your rooms?” he offered.

Both Gina and I smiled, but suddenly Carl interrupted. “No worries, man. I’m her boyfriend, I can help her to carry her stuff and show her the room.” he said, taking my backpack from me. He grabbed a hold of my hand, leading me to the lift. Jack did the same with Gina’s.

Both Gina and I looked at each other and shrugged. Once we were in the lift I pulled my hand away and questioned him. “I thought I’d be your pretend girlfriend when we reached the island?”

“No, I said for the whole summer. Summer starts today.” he told me bluntly.

“Why do you want to start today? Vicky's not here.” I snapped.

“If we start now, we'll get use to it and it will look more convincing when we get there.” he stated. I pouted my lips showing my unhappy face at him.

“We’re going out for dinner at 8.00pm. Be ready by then.” he told me, kissing my cheek. He made his way to his room, which was next to mine.

I was stunned. Carl kissed me on the cheek?!! He never did that before. Gina nudged me and I blushed.

“A good start, huh?” she raised her eye brows and smiled at me.