Chapter 4

Edited by : Ashley_B3

Chapter 4

We freshened up and got ready to go to dinner when there was a knock at the door. I opened it and found Carl and the rest of the gang standing at the door. “Are both of you ready?” he asked seriously.

“Yeah.” I told him and joined them in the elevator.

When we got out of the elevator, he grabbed my hand again. I looked at him weirdly. “Do we need to hold hands?” I asked.

“Yeah.” he simply replied. “They're all doing it, so we should too,” he said, nodding his head toward the rest of the gang. Obviously they were holding their partners hand. Mia looked at me and winked.

The restaurant is actually in the same hotel. After the waiter showed us our table, Carl pulled out a chair for me to sit. I covered my mouth trying to hide my smile and thanked him. He sat beside me, while I was facing Jason who was staring at me without saying a word. 

I looked at him and smirked. “Is there something on my face?”

Shaking his head, he replied. “No.” then he laughed “It's just that I still don’t believe it’s you.”

“What makes it so hard to believe it’s her?” Tasha asked, looking at him angrily.

“Well.” he laughed, “It's just that I am so used to looking at you with your cap and bandana on. I know you’re beautiful, but I never thought you would turn out to be so…. gorgeous.” he explained to us.

“Well, you're having second thoughts now?” asked Tasha, pretending be jealous.

“No, baby. I love you, don’t worry.” he said and kissed her hand to assure her. “I just need to get use to the new Kierra.”

“I’m still the same Kierra.” I responded. “I just changed my looks, that's all.”

“I know and I like it.” he said, smiling and winking at me. We all laughed.

“I like it too.” Carl suddenly injected. Everyone turned our attention towards him. Clearing his throat he continued. “I mean, Vicky is going to be really jealous seeing you with me right now. You know, seeing how beautiful you are.”

“Yeah, I bet she's going to be jealous,” said Gina, smiling. “Because she knows that not only you Carl, but other guys will stop looking at her and start looking at Kierra.”

“Yeah.” Mia said, agreeing with Gina, and the girls laughed. I smiled, shaking my head, while all the guys glared at us.

“Hey, you two should start acting as if you both are besotted to each other.” suggested Jack.

I looked at him weirdly “What?”

“Yes, Kierra. We should act as if we can’t take our eyes off each other.” agreed Carl.

“Why would we want to do that?” I asked.

“So that Vicky will believe that we really are in love.” Carl pointed out.

“Oh, can you show me how?” I teased him.

“Well, like this.” Carl said showing me how it should be done. He lowered his eyelashes and looked at me like a puppy. Aw, he looked so cute. I couldn’t stop myself from laughing and the girls laughed with me too.

“Hey! Will you girls stop laughing? And Kierra please be serious!” scolded Carl.

“I’m sorry.” I said in between laughing. “You looked so funny.” I received a deathly glare from him.

“Carl, that is not how you're suppose to look when you’re in love.” Tasha said to him, then she laughed. “This is how you're suppose to look at her.” she said, showing him the correct way. I could really see the way she looked at Jason with love and Jason looked at her the same way.

“It has to come from your heart.” explained Gina, with a full expression on her face.

“Ok guys, try again.” suggested Jack.

“You have to look into each others eyes and feel it.” explained Gina again.

Both Carl and I sighed. We turned to face each other and I started looking at his face, and then his eyes, his beautiful brown eyes. Suddenly I felt like he was looking directly into me and I really couldn't take my eyes of him. I felt his hand touching my face. He removed a strand of hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear. He looked at me with his loving eyes. Looking at him like that was making me fall deeply in love with him. I could feel my heart beating very fast. Realizing that I was letting him know my feelings, I quickly looked away and blushed. To my surprise I saw him blushed too.

Amy clapped her hands cheerfully. “Yay, you both have succeeded.”

“Yeah, I agree. I actually believed you two were in love with each other.” added Ben.

“You should practice on your kissing too.” Jack recommended, looking at both of us with a grin.

“Yeah.” squealed Gina, Amy, and Tasha excitedly. “We want to see how you both do it.” chirped Tasha happily.

I gasped. “Are you all crazy?” I looked at Carl alarmed. “There won’t be any kissing, right?” I might be in love with him, but I don’t think I’m ready to kiss anybody, including him. I don’t even know how.

“Kierra, we definitely have to.” he laughed.

“Why should we?” I desperately asked him.

“That’s what lovers normally do.” he explained, still laughing.

“But we’re not lovers.” I pointed out.

“We are for the whole summer. Remember?” he reminded me, raising his eyebrows naughtily at me.

“I’m not going to kiss you. Ewww.” I grunted.

“Why not?” asked all of them at the same time.

I looked at them sternly. “Because I don’t like kissing, that why.”

“You haven’t tried it. How do you know you don’t like it?” Carl stated, and the rest of them nodded at the same time.

“Yeah, Kierra. You haven't tried it. Once you do, you won’t want to stop, believe me.” giggled Gina.

I was making a yucky face at them, when Carl suddenly pulled me toward him and kissed me. I was so stunned, my eyes were open wide looking at him, whose eyes were closed. My God, it does feel amazing. I could feel my knees weakening. Luckily we were sitting down.

He let me go after a few seconds, smiling naughtily at me. “You are suppose to close your eyes when we kiss, but it’s ok, we’ll practice again.” and turned around looking at the menu as if nothing happen. The guys were laughing and the girls were smiling at me, while I blushed throughout the dinner.