nine

a/n: tbh, if you watch the video you'll get the gist of what the beginning of bootcamp was like. so i'm not going into a whole lot of detail 🙊. also, let's say this picture is shawn in his recruit shirt or his ACUs undershirt bc aw he's cute wearing that shade of green.

also pretty sure the whole chapter is in shawns pov

May, 2010

Shawn's POV

"Mr. Raul, hello. This is Harrison Gaines. I was calling to let you know that I've found everything you've asked for, and I am sending it to you via overnight mail. Sorry I didn't catch you in person, but you can call me back at this number at any time if you have any questions. I don't sleep. Take care."

"Jesus. He leaves the longest fucking voicemails," Austin complains, shifting his weight as he hovered over me.

"It was actually only like 10 seconds, calm down babe," I laughed lowly, leaning up and gently biting his plump bottom lip.

"It was 23, but who's counting? Not me. I'm just trying to mack on you right now," he muttered into my neck as he nipped and sucked on the sensitive skin there.

"You can't leave a mark, my parents..." I start, but don't finish as I moan and grip the hairs on the back of his neck with one hand, and feel the muscles moving under the skin of his back with my other.

He moves his attention to my collarbones and makes his way down my chest and stomach, leaving bites and wet kisses until he gets to the waistband of my pants, which were tightening uncomfortably at this point.

"Mm, Austin, just take them off," I groan, my own hands moving to the belt buckle on his uniform pants. Did I mention how sexy the uniform was? Because my baby makes this shit work. My thumb was gently brushing the skin of the "panda" tattoo, and I smiled into the kiss Austin was placing on my lips.

He pulled back, breathlessly, both of his hands on either side of my head. "What's got you all smiley, Panda?" his voice was extra husky, and it was really turning me on more than I could handle with these tight jeans on, oh my.

"You... you're so good to me. You always make me smile. If you're around, I've always got my reason to smile. It's why I love you," I usually get bashful whenever I say those three words, but this time, my voice was strong, and my eyes stayed locked on his hazel-green ones, which looked more like black because he was clearly horny. I mean, I could see-

"I love you too, babe. It is going to be so fucking hard leaving you again. I hate being away from you, because when I'm with you is the only time I feel like I can breathe. Making you smile is my goal. Being in the marine corps was a dream of mine; and I'm in. But you, you're in my dreams every night. You're a dream I want to have forever," Austin told me, gently lowering his body onto mine, his head of slightly lighter brown hair tickling my bare shoulder.

"Your forever is all that I need," I kiss the side of his head. "Tell me though; how did you go from hot to this cute and cuddly baby bear in like, 5 seconds?" I cooed playfully, running my hands up and down his back slowly.

"You are one of maybe two people who see me like this. And even then, Lauren's never seen me the way you have."

"I'd sure hope not, otherwise that'd be slightly incestuous." I joked, and he hummed.

"Wait, don't fall asleep. Since apparently sex is off the table, I still need to get my workout in. You said you'd show me stuff to help me prepare for bootcamp, remember Bear?" I ask, batting my eyes at Austin playfully when he looks up at me through his lashes with a less than impressed look.