nineteen

a/n: this'll probably end up being disappointing but i wanted to post something since it's been so fucking long sry :/

——————————
May, 2011

Normani's POV

I woke up with a sore spot on my neck from falling asleep in such an uncomfortable position in the damn airplane seat... those things are uncomfortable as hell but since I was on this trip for free, there was no way in hell my ass was gonna complain about flying coach.

Dinah has been a trooper so far, not complaining about the lack of leg space or anything, but that could be because she was sat with her earbuds in, staring out the window with a faraway look on her features.

Our flight wasn't crowded, so in the seat between us was empty, save for Dinah's favorite lion plushie, Simba. I reached across the old toy and gently squeezed her thigh. She was wearing old and soft flannel pajama bottoms and according to her, she looked "like a bum"; I still found her to be breathtaking. Most beautiful girl I've ever had the pleasure of calling mine (but also the only girl).

"Babe, I gotta go to the bathroom, can you come with me?" Dinah asked suddenly, pulling her earphones off her head.

I cocked my head to the side, confused. "Uh, why? You're a big girl, I'm sure you could find it on your own."

"Nooo Mani, come! I wanna ask you something, but I don't want anyone else to hear," she said quietly. The top of her ears were red and her cheeks looked slightly rosy. I reached out and poked it with a squeal. My baby is too cute ohmygod.

I stood, extending my hand to her. The smile she gave me could've lit up the darkest of dark places, and her crater-like dimples were on display. I loved them so much, and I loved it even more when she didn't try to hide it from me, which she didn't do as she grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

Seconds later we were in the tight bathroom with the door shut and locked. I looked to her expectantly.
"So, what's your question?"

"Wanna join the Mile High Club?"

———
Some hours later, in Hawaii
Puna District, Hawaii County

Dinah's POV

Mani and I had landed at the airport a couple of hours earlier, with huge, dopey satisfied smiles on our faces, and the second my aunt saw she had one of those knowing smirks on her face which was kind of annoying but it was whatever.

We were in Hawaii! We were there to see family and have fun making new memories, not gossiping, which my aunt loved to do, along with starting drama.

"Ayyy Dinah Jane, it's been a long while since I seen you, Cuz," Came the familiar voice of my older cousin, Maleko. He was a typical-looking guy but very handsome. He had long dark and wavy hair, lots of muscles and just as many tattoos, some tribal, and a big one of his mother's name on his right forearm.

"Malili!" I screeched as he picked me up and spun me around.

"I've told you not to call me that anymore!" He grinned, looking around jokingly. "I want you making the girls think I'm soft or something, with that baby nickname," he blushed lightly, eyeing my girl, so I put my arm around her waist and raised my eyebrows. Not today, buddy.

"Oi, I bet you haven't even heard that name in five years, since that's the last time I was here!"

He smiled and rolled his eyes good-naturedly so I knew I had been right. He looked back to Normani then.

"I'm sorry, where are my manners? My little cousin here mentioned dating someone beautiful and sweet, and I can totally see why. Pleasure to meet you, my real name is Maleko. Most people call me Mal, though," He introduced himself very politely and grabbed Mani's right hand, placing a gentle kiss on it.