Madness

Aphmau's POV
It's the next morning and I just don't want to leave my bed. I know that once I get up, I'll have to make a choice I could regret. I finally decide to move, getting lured by the smell of coffee coming from the kitchen. "Good morning, my lady~" Garroth teases and kisses my cheek. "Seriously?" I respond with a giggle. We eat breakfast with our coffee, Aaron still out cold on the couch. He looks so sad even in his sleep. "What are we going to do?" Garroth says, gaining my attention. I sigh, "I haven't got a clue. If I head to Zane now, it will most likely put the both of us in danger. If I wait, who knows what will happen to Aaron's family." "Aph, you know I understand you're confused. This is hard, but you must know, we have to have a choice by tonight. We don't know how long Zane will give Aaron's family mercy, we need to get them as soon as possible." The blonde says. Why is all of this happening? What's so important about me that Zane is doing this? I head to my room to think of a plan..

[le time skip brought to you by cupcake Travis]

Garroth's POV
It's 6:30pm. Aphmau made a decision, to look for Aaron's family first. It took a while, but I finally encouraged Aaron to get up and eat. I feel sorry for him, he's lost too much. That's why we are going to get it back. It's dark out. I grab a lantern and leave the house with Aphmau and Aaron. "So, Aaron, what's your family like?" Aphmau asks sweetly as we walk through the woods. "...." He doesn't seem to talk much, I think while looking at him. That's when I walked into a tree. "And this is why I need to learn to look where I'm going!" I shout. Aphmau laughs and helps me up. "You should learn to walk." Aaron whispers. I'm not sure that he knew I heard him. We walked for a while. We are in a forest, the exact forest Aaron said Zane took his family from. "We were taking a family walk and he took them." Aaron sighs, "He said Aphmau is the only way to get them back. Then he sent me to your house." Aphmau and I examine the surrounding area where the event took place. Trying to find anything that would help our search.
SNAP
I hear from the distance. I decide to pass it off. It's probably a squirrel or something.
CLANK
Now that isn't a sound from nature. I turn around to see a blue haired woman wearing some strange gloves, holding a dagger up to Aphmau's neck.
"My, my. Now this is the girl Zane was searching for? Hmm..." She's says with no emotion. I pull out a small pocket knife. I never thought carrying one all the time would pay off but I guess it will now. "Aaron.." Aphmau's says as she looks toward the ground. I look around to see that he is trembling on the ground. "How did I not see this coming..." He says as tears fall from his eyes. I look back at the blue haired woman. She's shaking. I see Zane coming from behind her. "Nice to see you did your job, Katelyn."
Aphmau's POV
Katelyn...
No..
This can't be Katelyn. The nice girl I knew as a child. That older girl with blue hair who protected me when the school bully tried to beat me up multiple times. This would never be what she would do. Could it? I decide to test my theory that it's the Katelyn I once knew.
"Your the best friend I've ever had.."
I say in a small, raspy voice and Katelyn drops her dagger.
"Aphmau.." She says shocked and begins to cry and hugs me, "I'm sorry. If I knew it was you then I.." "I forgive you.." I respond, hugging her tight. "Well isn't this precious." Says a man, laughing maniacally. "Zane." I say cold. "Now, now. No need to sound so harsh. Katelyn, you've done your part, now has over the girl. Don't worry, you'll get your pay." He remarks, stretching out his arm. Katelyn turns around, fists bursting into flames.
"NEVER IN MY OWN LIFE WILL I GIVE MY FRIEND TO YOU."
She screams as she faces the evil man. Standing protectively over Aaron and I, Katelyn tells us to run. Garroth rushes to my side and grabs my hand and starts fleeing the scene. "We can't leave Aaron!!" I yell and turn back to the fight between Zane and Katelyn. With Garroth in toe, we go back for Aaron. I just reach out to him when Zane laughs. "You shouldn't have come back, you foolish child. Look around you." I spin around to see that Garroth, Aaron, Katelyn, and I are now in a cage. My vision begins to be foggy and I fall to my knees. The last thing I hear is Zane whispering the words that scare me the most.. "Laurance, your plan is working."