Confusion

Aphmau's POV
Red eyes filled with hate, dusty brown hair, armor made of molten rock, a sword made of innocent blood

A monster, they said

Terrorized villages, stole what they needed, destroyed what they had, murdered who they pleased

A killer, they said

A child found them in the woods, crying. "Why" the creature said "Why am the nightmare, the fear, the pain"

"I'm sorry", the child said

The thing of everyone's burning hell had formed red dust covering them. They turned into a young man.

"Jealousy", the man said

"It's kills you, it burns your heart. You can try to move on but it always comes back. You try to forgive and try to forget, but you can't.."

"You should run." Laurance said

"It's just a dream" I said, waking up and looking around. I'm still in a cage. It's no longer in the forest, just a dark room. The only light is from Garroth's lantern and Katelyn's fists. What was that? A dream? A vision?
A memory?
I think to myself. What have I just witnessed?
I stand up and walk around the cage when I hear crying. "I-I'll never- I'll never see you again..." Aaron... He's losing hope.. Out of the blue I run up to him and hug him. "No, Aaron. You'll see them again. We WILL find your family! We just need to get out of here!" I chant and he sobs more. "My sword can't dig through the ground, Katelyn can't break the bars, Garroth can't move from exhaustion. We are stuck, Aphmau! Just.. Just give up already!!" He starts to cry again. His words feel like a dagger. I fall to my knees. We can't be stuck here! There's got to be a way out! Garroth! He's got to have some sort of plan! I sprint to the other end of the large cell and wake Garroth with a soft kiss on the cheek. His eyes flutter open and he smiles brightly. The only light left in the jail. "Good morning, beautiful." Garroth laughs silently, kissing me again. "Good morning to you too!" I say joyfully. This is the only happiness in this small place. I really hope we aren't here forever. "Garroth.. I've got to ask.. Y-You know how to get us out, right?" I could barely hear his voice when he said "I can't move.. I can't open the cage.." My eyes start to water. We are not stuck here! I refuse to stay!! I stand up fast and look straight at the cage.
Laurance... You did this.. This strange force controlling you.. If I can just.. Stop it! Then it can all go back to... Normal..?
I get in a stance, ready to charge at the bars of the cell. "Aphm-ugh... D-Don't do that! Y-you'll hurt.. Yourself.." Garroth says weakly. I'm sorry, but if I don't do this, then it won't end! I run as fast as I can, with all my determination, strength, and power I broke the bars... I did it..
The cage that once surrounded us had dissolved into nothing. Katelyn jumped up, startled and grabbed her weapons. She looks aghast at what has happened. "Aphmau..!? You.. Have wings?!" I look over my shoulder to see wings that glow of many colors and I got the sudden feeling of physically being light.
"We're free.. Now, we have one goal: find Laurance..."

Chapter picture created by Surxshot on Instagram.
Go follow her, she's the best.