Chapter 10: I Just Miss Him

Excuse the mistakes. 

♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦

"Where the hell are we going?" Ryder asked, walking behind me. We were now walking to the old house, because that's most likely where Harry would run off to. And I know him, so I was pretty sure I was right. If I wasn't I don't know what I'd do, I miss him. Yeah, it's only been one day without him, but it feels like years. When you practically know someone since birth, you get this attached. I was really hoping he’d be there, because I couldn’t think of any other place he could have run off to. I mean, if it was me I’d go to the house and hide in my room. The room with all my drawings, and Harry would probably do the same but hide in his room. It was the smartest idea I could think of, I was just praying that I was right about this.

"Just shut up and walk, it's not much further, so stop your complaining." I told him. I didn't want to bring him with me, but he wanted to come. And I wasn't about to argue with someone when I was this close to finding Harry. And I guess since Ryder was his best friend, it’d be fair for him to come and help me look. And the company was good too, because it would be getting dark soon. I’m not exactly afraid of the dark, just the things in. Like this is the forest, and snakes can be in here and I don’t want one crawling up my leg or anything. When I saw the house in sight, I ran up to it. I stopped and admired it for a while, remembering all of the memories here, but then quickly came back into reality. "Can you climb a tree?" I asked Ryder, who looked shocked at the house.

"Probably, what is this place?" He asked.

"Harry and I would always sneak away and come here as kids, we loved this place." I told him, smiling widely, still remembering everything that happened here. "Let's go, just do what I do to get in. The door doesn't open, so we have to climb."

He nodded and followed behind me. I climbed up on the tall tree and to the end of the branch, when I was close enough to jump in, I did. Ryder soon came in, and then I ran up the swirly stairs to the third floor, which was kind of his floor. I hated the swirly stairs we had to take to get there, but I couldn’t change it. The stairs were so small, and it’s so annoying to keep turning and turning all the time. I wonder how the owners would have gotten to escape fast if a killer was in the house. Well I guess he’d have the same stairs problem. In the house my floor was the second, and Harry’s was the third. We shared the first and fourth. It stopped at the fourth, and then there was a roof room. It was just a small glass room in the middle off a roof, and we could just stare out and enjoy the view of the tress and stuff. Harry and I spent most of the time there when we got tired, because it was peaceful and relaxing.

I searched the whole third floor and he wasn't there, I wasn't gonna give up now though. I tried the third, and then the roof, but he wasn't there. I called his name multiple times, hoping he'd come out, but he didn't. I wasn’t expecting him to come out though, because he doesn’t even want to come home, but I’d at least try. "Check the second and first," Ryder said.

"Okay," I said to him, running down the stairs to the second. I passed it and decided to go to the first before. He wasn't anywhere there either, so he has to be in the second. Ryder and I went back up and searched, we finished the search in my hiding room, where the huge flower was. He wasn't there, and I just broke down and cried there. I was determined not to give up, but what do I do now? I had no idea where else he could go, because I don’t even know my way around here. And this was the only secretive place both Harry and I knew. And if he had one and didn’t want to tell me, maybe that’s where he was. But finding that would take a lot of time, and I might not even find it.

"Did you draw this?" Ryder asked me, admiring the flower on the wall.

"Yeah," I told him, wiping a few tears away. "I remember when Harry first saw it, he was so surprised. We were 8 then," I smiled at the memory, but the tears still rained down my face.