Chapter 27: Should've Listened

Excuse Any Mistakes 

♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦

“Harry, can I… can I talk to you?” I asked softly, standing by the outside of the door. Even though it was my room as well, I didn’t want to go in without being invited in. Aaron had left right after Matt, and Kale and Ryder left about an hour after. I stayed with Lillian in her room, because Lilly wasn’t home. Lillian explained that she would always go out with some of her friends, and that Lillian would be left alone most of the time. And thinking about it now, I never really remembered seeing Lilly and Lillian together at home much; it was always Lillian by herself. Lillian kept saying sorry over and over again, because she didn’t believe I had forgiven her. I don’t even know if I forgive her myself, but I feel like she really does want to be forgiven. I had decided to forgive her, and then we watched SpongeBob for a while and then I decided to talk to Harry.

So here I was, by the door as Harry was on the bed watching something on TV. I didn’t bother to figure out what it was, because I was kind of scared to talk to him. I don’t know why, he’s a perfectly normal human being – who is completely pissed with me.

“Sure,” He said, and his voice was calm and no longer snappy like before, so I wasn’t so scared anymore. He sat up and motioned for me to sit next to him, so I carried myself over to the bed and sat in front of him.

“Are you still mad at me?” I asked quietly, playing with my fingers in my lap and not looking at him.

He sighed and turned the TV off. “I’m not mad at you, Anna.” He said softly, moving to sit beside me. “I just don’t want you to get hurt by him,”

“What do you mean?” I asked, looking up at him.

“Matt would’ve broken your heart, and I don’t want that to happen to you.”

“No he wouldn’t,” I said, feeling tears bubble by my eyes. “Even if he does, I could’ve gotten over it.”

“I know that, but I just don’t want you two together. Please just listen to me; I know why I’m telling you this. I’m not trying to hurt you,”

“But why, Harry?” I asked, letting a few tears slip from my eyes, but trying to hold back the hurricane that may form. I haven’t felt this sad for so long, and I didn’t want to feel this sad ever again. But I was sad again, I was trapped in my little ball of tears again and I hate it.

“You know Layla, right?” I nodded, wiping my eyes, even though the tears still came back. “Well, Matt was a part of the people that bullied her.”

“Don’t lie to me, Harry. Matt won’t do that,” I said, crying even more now. Matt could never do that, he doesn’t seem like one to bully a person. And he was so concerned when I told him about me being bullied, and I saw it that he was actually concerned about it. I would’ve known if he hadn’t cared, but he did care and I could see it. The entire time we were dating he had cared, even though he didn’t know what was wrong with me, he still made me happy. And he seemed to make such a big deal about the picture of the tree I showed him; he seemed so determined to figure out what it meant. Doesn’t that mean he cared? And he always made me feel so special; every time he taught me how to play songs on the guitar I felt special.

Harry pulled me to him, and hugged me close, and I cried on his shoulder. Just like before, except this time there was no blood. “But why are you even friends with him if he did that?” I asked.

“I’m friends with Aaron, and Matt’s his friend. Matt isn’t really our friend, he’s just Aaron’s friend. And since they’re best friends, he always brings him along whenever he comes here or we go out anywhere.” He explained.