Chapter 22: And So They Start...

Excuse the mistakes. 

Picture of Dylan O'Brien- who plays Preston, to the side. 

♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦♥♦

"Hey," Preston greeted quietly, standing beside me. It was our free period, and Harry wasn't here with me. I was sitting on the floor by locker, all alone, drawing something. We weren't in the classroom, because it was being used, so instead I was by my locker.

"Hi," I mumbled, not looking up at him. 

He took a seat next to me, and then it was us two by my locker – well more like Kol's locker, since mine was above. "Is something wrong?" He asked me.

I shook my head, and continued doodling on the wings that I was drawing on a heart. 

"Okay..." He said awkwardly. "So um... what're you drawing?" 

"I heart with wings," I mumbled.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked me, now figuring out what's wrong. 

"Yes," I told him honestly, shading in some tips of the wings. 

"Why?" He asked slowly. 

"Well, you've been avoiding me for quite a while." I answered, erasing the tip of the wing. It didn't look like the other side, so I'd have to fix that.

"Sorry, you're always with Harry and I don't really like him..." He admitted.

I was now done with the heart, so I decided to write 'I Love You' in the middle. And it'd give me an excuse to not have to look to Preston. "Why not?" I asked him quietly. "I'm always with Harry," 

"I know," He sighed. "But everyone makes fun of me and he just happens to be one who does."

"Wait, so it's true?" I asked, finally finishing by drawing and looking up at him.

He nodded, but didn't look at me. "Yeah..." 

"Hey, it's okay. I happened to like you just the way you are." I told him with a smile. I don’t think he should be ashamed of that, because he’s perfectly nice just the way he is. And I tend to like him that way, so if someone doesn’t like him for the way he is, that’s their problem.

"But Harry doesn't..." He mumbled.

"Harry's an ass, who cares about what he says?" I scoffed. Well I did care about what he says, just not when he says something mean. And it's not like I can just not listen to him, he's gonna keep nagging until I do. But it wasn’t in an annoying way, in a cute little brother kind of way, even if he was older than me.

"You do," A new voice announced. I turned to the other side and saw Matt. I rolled my eyes playfully at him, as he said a hi to Preston. 

"What are you doing?" I asked him, as he took a seat next to me.

"Well, I am breathing, sitting, and currently talking. What about you?" He teased.

"Seriously Matt, Harry could come here." I told him, knowing that Harry might come and I didn't want him to see us. 

"Well let's go where we normally hang out then," He suggested.

"But Preston's here, it's mean to just leave him like that." 

"It's fine," Preston assured me, getting up. "I have to meet my friend somewhere anyway," 

"Okay, then bye." I said waving to him as he walked away.