Ring Ring

Lorne paused, taking in the scene in front of him.

"I was just stopping by to ask if you were coming to practice tomorrow." He wasn't looking at me as he said it.

"No, I'm going to the greenhouse opening," I answered, trying to nonchalantly shrug off Peter's hands. I silently begged him not to turn around, I had enough to explain without bringing his blacked out eyes into the mix.

"Oh, okay, um, I'll just go now." He stuttered and then turned on his heels and took off.

He left the door open behind him, and I just stared at it. A sick feeling was forming in my stomach.

Peter was the first one to make a move, he walked over and shut the door.

"That seemed uncomfortable."

"Yeah it was."

He just shrugged and went over to sit in my desk chair. I sat down in Miriam's and faced towards him.

"So how long are we doing this?"

"Doing what?"

"I guess I mean, how long are you planning on sticking around?"

"As long as I want."

"I want Peter back." I groaned

He snorted, "Why? He's boring as fuck."

"Well, he's a hell of a lot nicer than you."

"That's because he keeps so much inside. I should know. That's where I live."

I just rolled my eyes.

"You don't believe me?" He almost sounded exasperated, "I know things that this boy thinks that would make your little head spin. If you had any idea how much anger, sadness, and lust he never let's you see," he laughed and threw his hands up, "You wouldn't see that much of a difference between us at this point."

"I highly doubt that."

"Then you're a fucking moron."

I clenched my jaw, "Just because he supposedly has some dark side doesn't make him anything like you, it just makes him a person. The difference is that you don't have any of the good parts."

All the sudden he leapt out of the chair, leaving it spinning in his wake, and was on his knees in front of me.

"But you like that don't you?"

I felt my nostrils flaring, "why on earth would I like that?"

"Because this dangerous shit makes you go crazy," he pulled my knees and pulled me as close to him as possible.

I leaned away from him, "No it doesn't."

"You want to know what I think?"

"Not really."

"I think," he cut me off, "You love it. You eat this shit up. It makes you feel alive and important and interesting. I think you're just tired of feeling so damn empty, and death doesn't bother you because you already thought about it a lot anyway. You're not special sweetheart, I've been around a while, and I can read you like a book."

I slapped him, hard, as hard as I could without feeling bad for the residual pain it would cause Peter.

"Fuck you asshole."

He just laughed, "Did I hit a nerve? I hardly ever get to see you that feisty."

I shoved him, over and over, even though it didn't make a whole lot of difference, "No, I just have no patience for pricks."

"And that's why you keep locking yourself in rooms with them?"

He leans in towards my face but I turn my head and he buries his nose in my hair.

"You might want to take that call." He whispers before getting up to sit on Miriam's bed.

I was going to ask him what he was talking about when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.