Deal

"What kind of deal?"

"You'll like it, I promise."

I threw my head back and laughed, "I highly doubt that."

"Don't be so sure." He said, patting the crate in front of him.

The gesture did a weird thing to me. Everything I felt, all of the fear and worry, was replaced by anger, a deep rumbling anger that shook me.

I shrugged off my coat and threw it at him. I was so livid that it didn't even feel like a bad idea. He caught it and set it on the crate next to him without flinching.

More pissed off by his lack of a reaction I stomped over to him and sat down on the crate opposite him. And then, as if that wasn't enough, I scooted closer to him, relishing the loud screech the crate made on the floor.

It was a challenge, and I wanted him to take it. I was so done with these demons playing with me.

"So you don't like the greenhouse?"

I snorted, "could be bigger."

"Then I'll make it bigger."

"Why?" I spat, confusion and anger swirling together in my mind.

"Because I'm trying to show you," he picked up my coat and began folding it carefully, "that you can have anything you want. Or more so, that I can give you everything you want."

"And why would you do that?"

He finished folding the coat and held it out to me. I grabbed it out of his hands, completely disregarding the crisp lines of his folds.

"You know I really admire your spirit," I rested his elbows on his knees, "All the things you've seen, all the things you know, and here you are."

"So?"

"I just find it remarkable. All the people I've interacted with are either swooned by promises or lies. But not you, you were promised nothing for everything you know, and it never phased you."

"How would you know when somethings phased me or not?" I ask.

"How about just now? Alone with a monster and you decide to scream and throw things at it?" He laughed.

"I could just be stupid."

He chuckled, "I never said you weren't, but it suits you."

"Yeah, it's really working out well for me."

"Well, I'm trying to make it worth your while." He said with a smile.

I sighed, "Listen, I don't know where Peter is, so I can't help you."

He held up a finger and said, "First, we both know that's a lie so cut the shit. Second, he's not what I want."

"What do you want then?" I asked, officially stumped. If he wasn't looking for Peter what could he possibly want?"

"I want you to marry me."