Chapter 7

Y/N'S POV

  As Clark, well Superman walked up to me, I took a few steps back.

  Tears formed in my eyes, while I said hurt,"I..I thought you trusted me. I thought I meant something to you.."

  Superman took a few steps towards me and said,"You do, darling, but I..I just couldn't tell you."

  I sniffed and said,"Why not? Am I not good enough to handle both? You do not want to be seen with me while you are in public?"

  Superman finally reached me and I did not have the strength to push him away or tell him to leave. I..I did not want to.
  Superman pulled me close and tried to make me look him in the eyes, but I couldn't.

  He softly said,"No, Y/N, I would like nothing more for the world to see who stole my heart, but things are complicated. I did not tell you, because I was afraid you would feel differently towards me and not be here anymore. Don't you understand, Y/N?"

  I let my tears fall and my voice cracked, while I said,"I..I do understand, but why is it so hard to trust me? I..I want to be a part of both, Clark."

  Superman nodded and hesitated, but he slowly intertwined his fingers with mine. I managed to feel light on the inside, even though tears were still falling down my face.

  Superman looked down at our hands and said,"My father once told me that I was going to be a symbol of hope; that I would lead the people of Earth towards something. I did not always believe in myself, but that started when I met you, Y/N. You believed in me when no one else did, and I think about you constantly. You are always on my mind and no other girl can change that.."

  I smiled through my tears and squeezed his hands saying,"Not even Lois?"

  Superman chuckled but leaned in slowly saying,"Not even Lois..Come here.."

  I giggled but kissed Clark back passionately. Superman immediately pulled me closer and leaned into my touch. I slowly untangled our fingers and rested my hands on his symbol.

  Superman smiled in the kiss, before he let go and put his forehead on mine saying,"I love you, Y/N. I always have.."

  I smiled so big, because that was the first time Clark had officially ever said it to me. Sure, he had confessed to it, but this time..it was different.

  I gave Clark multiple kisses and said,"I love you, too, Clark Kent. I love you, too, Superman. Woah, it feels so good to say that..to get it off my chest already."

  Superman smirked and stroked my chin slowly saying,"You think about me? Honey, I do not know what to say.."

  I just smiled and hit his shoulder, then I just looked up at Superman.

  He pecked my lips and said,"What is it? I promise I am being honest with you, Y/N."

  I shook my head and curiously said,"Are there others like you, Kent? I mean, ones that have Kryptonian blood..Were you the last one?"

  Superman shook his head and rubbed my knuckles saying,"No,Y/N, I was not. I thought I was, but I found out a while ago that I have a relative that survived. Maybe I will get her to visit or stop by, when I need eyes on you.."

(I'm thinking about adding Kara, Superboy, and others later in the story. What do you guys think? Okay with that?)

  I blushed looking down, and Clark buried his face in my neck.

  My breath immediately quickened, and he smirked against my neck saying,"Do I make you nervous?"

  I began to stutter and just shut my mouth. Clark chuckled, yet he buried his face deeper in my neck. I smiled and ran my fingers through his hair, before I pulled away from him.

  Superman looked over at my nightstand and read the time, before he said,"Darling, I have to go.."

  Superman went to leave, but I grabbed his arm and pleaded saying,"Stay? Please? I will sleep better knowing you are with me.."

  Superman smiled and kissed my forehead, before he headed into my bathroom. Krypto jumped on my bed and got in next to me. I rubbed his head and changed into my pajamas, which happened to be Superman and some shorts.
  I felt the bed go down, before strong arms wrapped around me. I turned around and faced Clark. His face heated up, and I smiled stroking his cheek slowly.

  Clark put his hand over mine and kissed my hands saying,"I am glad I met you, Y/N. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I want us to work.."

  I smiled and looked Clark in the eyes saying,"I will admit, I am a little surprised by this, Kansas, but I would never leave you for anything. I know you were afraid of me being upset, but everything will be all right. As long as I get to be there for you, then I am okay with this. Promise me something?"

  Clark nodded and said,"Anything. What is it?"

  I ran my fingers through his hair and leaned on his arm saying,"Promise me you will do everything you can to be here for Metropolis. I know things will get harder and stranger, but they will need you, Superman. You are what gives them hope and people need that. Promise me.."

  Clark squeezed my hands and placed a soft kiss on my neck saying,"I promise, darling. Now, let's get some sleep..It is a lot of work protecting you.."

  I giggled and pushed Clark saying,"Keep it up, Kent, and you are sleeping on the floor."

  Clark chuckled and said,"Yes ma'am. I am sorry for my behavior."