Chapter 24

Y/N'S POV

  Today really went by really slow. Metropolis' crime ratings had been really low, which meant Superman pretty much was not needed at the moment. That was good for Clark, because we got to spend more time together as a couple.
  Right now, I was trying to catch Clark up on all that he has missed. What better way than to start with the Disney classics? When I turned on the T.V., Lilo and Stitch was on. I loved this growing up, and I missed the old Disney more than anything.

  Clark seemed really interested, and I loved seeing that innocent smile on his face. I took his hand, before I slowly got up and jogged into the kitchen. I was making some chocolate chip cookies and the timer went off. I went to get them out, but I felt a hand grab my arm. I looked over and saw Kara.

  She anxiously said,"May I please do it, Y/N?"

  I chuckled, but I nodded and gladly let Kara get them out. Once Kara carefully took the cookies out of the oven, I put them on a plate. Kara grabbed it and waited to go into the living room. I smiled at how helpful she was trying to be, which made my job easier.
  I hugged her in thank you, before she headed into the living room. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see Clark.

  Clark smiled down at me, before he slowly pulled away and said,"Darling, can I ask you something?"

  I nodded and smirked saying,"Sure Man of Steel. I will try to be as simple, yet complex as possible.."

  Clark was so confused by my sentence, and I giggled at his facial expressions.

  I held his chin and said,"I am kidding, Kent, I am kidding. What is it?"

  Clark looked into my eyes and curiously said,"What do normal couples usually spend their time doing? I wanna do something together, since crime is down for a change."

  I was amazed at Clark's question, because I was sure he would be out trying to save a cat out of a tree in a hurry. I always thought once you get in the habit of saving those around you; you would find any excuse to go and find the trouble the next..

  I pushed away my curiosities and held Clark's hands saying,"Normal couples normally do things like: go catch a movie, a date night, or even something fun."

  Clark nodded and scrunched up his nose, while he began to get deep in thought. I smiled, because that was the cutest thing ever to see Clark doing. I felt like I had said that better many times, but I really do not care. It was true and I loved it!

  Once Clark was done thinking, he said hopefully,"I have never been ice skating before. Can we do that today? I mean, if you want to do something else then that is fine, too. I just-"

  I cut off Clark's ranting by sealing it with a passionate kiss.

  Clark kissed back and eventually pulled away saying,"Is that a yes, Y/N?"

  I nodded and stroked his cheek saying,"That is a yes, baby. I will be right here waiting for you."

  Clark smiled so big, before he kissed me multiple times and rushed up the stairs. I giggled softly, before I waited with Kara and Krypto at the front door.

  I bent down in front of Krypto and said,"I need you to act normal, Krypto. I mean, you are already amazing, but do not freak out any kids with flying around the place. Understand, boy?"

  Krypto barked up at me and licked my face, before I laughed and rubbed his head gently. Clark came back down the stairs in no time, before we headed to the nearest ice rink. Turns out, Metropolis had one, but it was kept at a certain degree level. Almost like, how Mr. Freeze had to be kept at subzero temperatures to survive.

  How I knew that..Batman. I was snapped out of my thoughts by grabbing the skates for Clark, while Kara got hers. I helped Clark put on his, before I did my own. He smiled down at me, before I smiled back.

  Clark kissed my cheek and said,"Thank you for offering to teach me, darling. I love you so much.."

  I smiled looking down, before I pulled Clark on the ice rink. Clark stumbled at first, but I gladly caught him and kept him steady. Clark blushed in embarrassment, but I just smiled and kissed his cheek in return.
  Clark looked down at me, and my hand brushed across his. I blushed this time and my eyes met Clark's again. In a matter of no time, Clark was getting his skating down with no problems.

  Clark held out his hands and said,"May I, N/N?"

  I elegantly put my hands in his and smiled big at Clark saying,"Yes, you may, Kent. Yes, you may.."

  Clark smiled and led me across the ice, before he picked up his pace. As we skated together, I realized maybe there was something there that I never thought was there before. This feeling; waltzing across the ice with Clark, was the best thing a girl could ever feel.

What are you guys thinking so far? I hope everyone is still enjoying this book. Do not worry, there are many more chapters to come!!