Chapter 49

Having faith and being confident is the best route..Hang in there, guys! I know this is a deep chapter, but everything will turn out just fine.

   CLARK'S POV

  Y/N's Dad had been responding well to the treatments. I did not know how many he had had to go through, but I did know that he was showing progress; gladly pushing through for those he loved dearly.
  Seeing Y/N's Dad push through, reminding me of when my father would always encourage me to stay strong. Also, that it was okay to be different. He knew that I was going to be who I was today and I owed him everything with how his lessons and faith in me had influenced my life.

  My Dad was no longer here, but I knew that he was still with me spiritually. I was pushed out of my thoughts by hearing the door open, and Mr. L/N's doctor walked towards me. He sent me a soft smile and motioned for me to follow him.
  I smiled, too, because I knew that was a good sign. There was nothing wrong with being hopeful and modest all the time. Bruce always claimed I was a Boy scout for what I stood for. Where did he get that from? He was just jealous..

  Once Mr. L/N saw me, he sent me the best smile he could manage and laughed saying,"My daughter knows how to pick em', huh? She gets it from her old man. You know: Her mother is a beauty, even though she did not always think so herself. I remember when we first met.."

  I could see the pain in his eyes, but I could also see the joy at remembering one of his most special moments.

  I smiled and crossed my arms saying,"Thank you, Mr. L/N. I feel the same way about your daughter. She truly is my whole world, even though I know she thinks I see something in Lois. Lois was a nice girl, but Y/N has her own superpower: Love. I see where she gets it from.."

  Mr. L/N held out his hand and I shook it, while he said,"Thank you for taking care of my daughter and I mean it. I know she can be a handful, but she is all I have left. Sure, there is her mother, but I do not think she wants to see me."

  A soft voice said,"I would not count on that, Joseph."

  I turned and saw Mrs. L/N. Tears formed in her eyes and Mr. L/N's eyes lit up. He immediately opened his arms for Y/N's mother. I smiled as she ran into his arms, while apologizing many times and asking him millions of questions about his condition.
  It reminded me of a few weeks ago when Y/N..Wait, she would have called me by now? If not, she would have texted me and told me I was taking too long...I called Y/N, but she did not answer.

  My face dropped and Mr. L/N asked,"Everything all right, son?"

  I sighed and said,"I honestly don't know, sir. I will be right back.."

  He nodded and Mrs. L/N looked worried, before I walked out of the room. Dialing Y/N's number again.

   Y/N'S POV

  I woke up to being chained to a table and hearing my own phone going off. Out of tradition, I tried to reach over and would have got my phone, but it was not beside me. I heard a masculine laugh, before I turned and saw men in lab coats heading towards me. Huh..Not men in lab coats..

  I immediately panicked and it was a strange fear of mine..

  One chuckled and smirked saying,"Do not worry, Mrs. L/N. I hear that the Kryptonian fancies you and I can tell..Congrats.."

  I stared at him confused, until I said in disbelief,"I'm pregnant?"

  He chuckled and nodded saying,"Yes, you are. Though, that does not mean I will act like I have not already taken you and used your abilities for something greater. You are going to be my test subject, using a personal touch from your lovely Man of Steel. Don't worry: I won't make this long.."

  I immediately panicked at receiving the news and the threat from him. I did not want to lose my child and be experimented on. I struggled against the chains that were restricting me down, before I felt something enter my flesh and screamed in pain.
  The doctors smiled and examined their test results, while I laid there being treated like a lab dog. After about an hour, they stopped their tests and I was too weak to do anything.

  One talked to me, but I could barely hear anything he said; let alone see him...I was taken out of my misery by passing out. Before I did, I prayed long and hard to at least not lose the one thing that I knew would help Clark and I..the baby.

    CLARK'S POV

  After Y/N never answered, I went out to search for her, and even alerted the MPD about Y/N's disappearance. I knew that she could not be that far, but I was taken out of my thoughts by Krypto barking loudly and facing towards the far end of Metropolis.
  I flew after him, while Krypto seemed to be getting closer towards Gotham. Before I could figure out where Y/N might have been held, I received a call and answered it.

  The line was silent for a few seconds, before the voice said,"If you want her, you can come and get her. She is at the address that was just sent to your phone. You're welcome, Superman. Keep doing what you do.."

  I was beyond confused and more concerned at the man congratulating me for possibly hurting the best thing that had ever happened to me. Once Krypto and I reached the location, Krypto rushed through the doors and barked in front of an old entrance.
  I immediately tore open the doors and saw Y/N strapped up to many chords. Krypto helped me get them out of her and I fried her chains. Carefully, I took her in my arms flying her back towards Mom's house. What did they want from her and who was that on the phone?