Chapter 23

Y/N'S POV

  Over the last few weeks, Clark and I have grown stronger in our relationship. I was not saying things were the same, but we were getting close to something greater and better for the both of us. It was moments like these that always reassured me that having faith was the best option.
Right now, I was downstairs in the kitchen making breakfast for Clark and I. I immediately noticed that Krypto was not here, which I did not have an answer for. I knew he would be okay, but I did miss my favorite partner in crime.

  Krypto and I always did stuff that annoyed Clark. We loved to get him, especially, when he just got home from a meeting with the Governor. Clark walked around with the biggest pout on his face for hours, but he eventually got over it.

  As I flipped the pancakes, strong arms wrapped around me.

  I giggled and said,"Kent, do you not see I am busy slaving for you?"

  Clark chuckled, but he smiled down at saying,"I am sorry. I promise I will make it up to you, darling.."

   I brought Clark closer, but completely forgot about the hot oven behind me. I immediately backed up and put my hand down, which caused me to yelp and groan in pain.

  Clark's blue eyes immediately filled with concern, before he kissed my hand and softly said,"Sweetheart, I do not know what to say. I did not mean to hurt you again. Here, I will get you some ice.."

  I noticed how tense and upset Clark was, which made me frown. He got me a bag of ice, before he gently put it over my hand. I hissed at the contact of the cold hitting my wound, but immediately relaxed and leaned on Clark's shoulder.
  Clark kissed my hand and rubbed my arm, while I hummed to myself. Clark seemed to enjoy it, so I just continued for a minute. After I was done humming, Clark headed outside to get some fresh air. I don't blame him, because he had been feeling a little off lately.

  I let him relax, before the doorbell went off. Clark was in the back, but I was sure he heard the ringing noise. I just saved him the trouble and opened it myself. Once I did, I immediately regretted it. There was a girl, but she looked way younger than me.
  She looked to be in about her younger teen or adult years, but had the most determined, yet confident blue eyes I had ever seen. She looked at me in confusion, but her eyes immediately turned red...just like Clark's did. I immediately frowned and went to yell his name, but the girl grabbed me by my neck and pushed me into one of the back walls.

  She sternly said,"Who are you and where is my cousin?!! I AM NOT ASKING AGAIN!"

  I was having a hard time breathing, before I heard a voice yell,"KARA, LET HER GO!!"

  Kara, I guess, let go of my neck and I fell to the ground. I tried to catch my breath, before Clark rushed to my side.

  He cupped my face and gave me a kiss, before he worriedly said,"Y/N, are you all right? Kara.."

  Kara looked down and said in really soft tone,"I am sorry, Clark. I just thought something happened to you.."

  Clark helped me up, before he led me over to Kara. I was not that much taller than her, but at least I was not shorter.

  I put my hand on Kara's shoulder and gave her a weak smile saying,"It is fine, honey. So, you are a part of this identify thing, too?"

  I motioned to Kara's outfit, before she nodded and chuckled saying,"Yes, I am. It is the best feeling in the world; being out there and doing what is right. How long have you two been together?"

  Clark answered for me saying,"About a few months now. Kara, you can trust Y/N, all right? She is not like the rest, but better in every way."

  I smirked; Clark could not figure out why I did that.

  I put my hands on my hips and instantly thought about what Clark could've meant by "She's not like the rest, but better in every way."

  Did he just admit I was better than Lois?

  If that was not goals, I did not know what was..Hold on, I needed to hear that another time. I asked Clark to say that again and he did not understand, but I knew Kara did. Kara giggled, while I did a happy dance hearing Clark's words.

  Clark chuckled and kissed my forehead, before he said,"Darling, your attention is needed.."

  I looked down and saw Krypto running towards me. I immediately smiled and met him halfway, before I rubbed his head and brought him closer. Krypto barked up at me and buried his face in my shoulder.
  Clark smiled down at us, while Kara just sent me a reassuring smile and flew towards the kitchen. Clark took my hand, before we went into the kitchen and spent some time together..