Chapter 59

Y/N'S POV

  After the party, it did not take long for Jade to go to sleep. I was beginning to think Jade was very fond of Bruce by the way she never liked when Bruce tried to put her down.
  Hey, if she wanted to be close to her famous uncle, then let her. I had no problem with Batman being around; especially, since we all needed Batman in our life. Clark and I needed him.

  I let out a giggle as Clark pulled me closer in his sleep and struggled to find my hand.

  I just intertwined my fingers with his, before Clark opened his eyes asking me,"Sweetheart, are you all right? Do you need to talk about something? Am I squeezing you too hard again?"

  I kissed Clark's jaw saying,"Baby, I love the way you hold me, so that will never be a problem. Clark, I was just thinking about Jade. I do not want her growing up thinking that everyone will judge her, because she is Superman's daughter. I mean, the kids at school may not know, but Jade will. Clark, I just...I do not want her to have a huge weight on her shoulders."

  Clark looked taken back by my comment, before I thought of how he could have taken that the wrong way.

  I immediately cupped his face saying,"No, babe, that is not what I meant. I meant, Jade may feel like she has to be all mighty and heroic like you, while she may just really want to be normal. I know there is really no such thing as normal given our world now, but I want Jade to be the best she can be."

  Clark pulled me even closer and ran his fingers through my hair saying,"Honey, Jade will grow up to be amazing, young woman and she will be loved by those around her. I worry about her fate, too, Y/N, but we can not just think about the negative. Jade may make some mistakes in her lifetime, but she will live past the average standards and make her own legacy. That is all we can hope for, okay?"

  I nodded and wrapped my arms around Clark's neck, before he smiled and leaned down placing a kiss on my lips.

  I leaned into Clark's touch, while Clark said to me,"You know Kara has been asking about you.."

  I looked at Clark confused and asked him,"What does Kara want with me?"

  Clark laughed and said,"She needs help with something girl related. I did not understand the whole concept, but it has something to do with a party or something. Kara got a little upset that I did not understand what she was saying to me, but I was listening."

  I giggled and kissed Clark's nose saying,"You are so adorable, Kent, you really are. Sometimes, it is better to get a woman's advice than a man's. Sometimes, you guys really do not know what to say to girl; especially, when she is upset or in distress. I got it, Clark. Tell her I will try to meet up with her tomorrow."

  Clark nodded and got out of the bed, before I turned and noticed Jade moving in her crib. I got up and made my way over to her bed, before I gently moved her hands out of her face and made sure her breathing was okay.

  I sighed in relief at everything being okay, before I felt Clark standing beside me.

  I turned, and Clark did not look too good.

  I rested my hand on his face and said,"Clark, you look like you have just seen Casper."

  Clark sighed saying,"That..That was Alfred. Apparently, Bruce is in the hospital. He needs my help."

  The news of Bruce immediately made my heart stop, given that Bruce was a valued member of this family. Blood related or not, he deserved to have people in his life like Clark, Jade, and I.

  I pulled myself together and said,"You get Jade, while I pack a bag."

  Clark nodded, before he rushed over to Jade's crib. I immediately grabbed a bag and threw anything Clark, Jade, and I would need in order to be there as support for Bruce.
  After I was done, Clark led me to the car and put Jade in her seat. I made sure it was tight and sat in the back with her, while Clark quickly made his way to the Gotham Hospital.