Chapter 17

Y/N'S POV

  I woke up to be completely bundled up in covers and blankets. I looked down and the covers and blankets were Batman printed..Bruce. I chuckled at the thought, but slowly sat up and realized Alfred was cleaning in front of me.

  I sleepily rubbed my eyes saying,"Alfred, what time is it? Go to sleep..I can handle this.."

  Alfred went to argue against it, but I gently pushed him up the stairs. I walked outside to get some fresh air, before I noticed Bruce walking towards Wayne Manor. Oh, he must have gone to visit his parents' gravestones. Bruce finally made it over to the front door and sent me a small smile, before he walked inside.

  I turned my attention back to the countless acres of Wayne Manor, before my thoughts were interrupted by a voice saying,"Miss L/N, Mr. Olsen is calling you again.."

  I thanked Alfred, before I picked up the phone. I jogged up the stairs and into a spare room, but cautiously made my way out to the terrace.

  I answered saying,"Yes, Olsen? Is everything going okay?"

  I heard a commotion in the background, before I heard Perry yelling at someone.

  Jimmy hurriedly said,"Y/N, we need you here; Superman needs you here..Yeah, I know, Y/N, I know..Please come back to Metropolis. You love him, don't you?"

  "Yes, more than anything. All right, all right, Olsen, I am coming. I will be there before you know it.."

  I heard Jimmy shout in happiness, before I giggled hanging up the phone.

  I turned when I heard a voice say,"You are leaving?"

  I nodded and smiled up at Bruce saying,"It was about time I fought for those I love. A certain someone or hero might have taught me that.."

  Bruce smiled back, before I pulled him in for a hug.

  Bruce hugged back, and I held him tighter saying,"Thank you for everything, Bruce. Just know: I know what you really are and you are not a problem to me..Batman has a purpose and do not let the world tell you different."

  Bruce nodded and thanked me, before I put my stuff in the car and headed back to Metropolis. Once I made it to the familiar parking lot of The Daily Planet, I felt something on the inside of me. I got out of my car and took a deep breath, before I made my way inside.

  I heard a clap, followed by,"Y/N, it is so great to see you!! Get any interesting stories?"

  I smiled at Perry but joked saying,"Yeah, but none you might be interested in. Is Jimmy around? I need to talk to him.."

  Perry nodded and motioned for me to follow him, and I gladly did. We found Jimmy talking to Superman, while Krypto was laying down across the floor.
  Once Perry and I walked in, Krypto's head immediately turned towards my direction. He barked and ran over to me.

  I giggled and rubbed his head saying,"I missed you, too, boy. I missed you, too. I-"

  I was cut off by watching Perry make his way towards Superman. Superman's eyes immediately met mine, and I blushed looking away. I felt some sign of relief when he actually smiled turning to Perry.

  Perry shook his hand and thanked him for his visit, while Jimmy said to me,"Well, Y/N, where have you been?"

  I shrugged and calmly said,"Gotham, I have been in Gotham. It is actually not that bad.."

  Jimmy's jaw dropped and he dramatically said,"Gotham? The Gotham?!! The one where Batman is..How did you manage to get there? Anything interesting happen?"

  I nodded and chuckled saying,"I got a chance to make a new friend; A friend that will always be there for me.."

  Jimmy smiled and went to ask me something else, but my E/C eyes met Superman's blue ones. I could not get myself to turn away and slowly made my way towards Superman. He gladly let me close the space between us, before Superman slowly brought his hand up to my face.

  He stroked my cheek lovingly, and I missed him like crazy.

  Superman softly said,"You know, I was getting tired of making excuses for you, but now..now I do not have to. Y/N, I-"

  I cut Clark off by shushing him and putting a finger on his lips. He pushed my hand down and leaned in slowly.

  I did, too, and Jimmy said,"Y/N, did you hear what I said? Oh, I..uh..better go help Lois."

  I chuckled, before I crashed my lips into Superman's.

  Superman kissed back and brought me closer, before he gave me multiple kisses and mumbled,"I missed you so much, darling."

  I nodded and pulled Superman back in.

  I wrapped my arms around his neck and said,"I missed you more, Man of Steel. I missed you most.."

  Superman smiled in the kiss, before he slowly pulled away and put his forehead on mine. We heard clapping, followed by millions of loud whistles and awws. We turned to see the whole Daily Planet applauding us.

  Superman made me look at him, before I just embraced him.