Chapter 26

Y/N'S POV

  As Clark drove us back home, I could not help but blush the whole ride. Clark thought this was funny, so I just kept my mouth shut and admired the pictures of Channing Tatum on my phone.

  It made me blush even more, but it was making me less mad at Clark.

  Clark put his hand over mine and sent me that innocent look saying,"I am sorry, darling. I..I did not know you enjoyed that dance that much."

  I hit Clark's shoulder and blushed saying,"Of course I did!! You are THE Superman!!"

  Clark smiled, but I knew something was missing.

  I smiled to myself, before I leaned over and held Clark's chin saying,"But I love Clark Kent the more for taking me out and giving me the best time I have ever had. Clark, I do not care which one you are, because I am in love with both. Kent, you made me the happiest girl in the world and I..I-"

  Tears found their way down my cheeks, while Clark sent me worried eyes.

  I waved it off and said,"No, Kansas, they are happy tears. I have always wanted to know the man I loved felt the same, and now I know you will always be here for me, Clark. I love you so much.."

  Clark smiled over at me and kissed my hand saying,"You are welcome, Y/N. We are here. Do you need help with your dress?"

  I nodded and Clark got out of the car, before he headed over to my side. I opened the door, before Clark held out his hand and helped me step down. I smiled and gave him multiple kisses, before I made my way towards the house. Clark carried the back of my dress, while I carefully walked up the stairs. The front door opened to be Kara and Mrs. Kent.

  Mrs. Kent smiled at us and said,"How did that date go?"

  Clark held my side and said,"It went amazing, Mom. Thanks..Do you think you can help Y/N, while I talk to Diana and Bruce?"

  Mrs. Kent nodded and took the back of my dress from Clark, before we made our way towards the stairs.

  As Mrs. Kent and I made our way towards the stairs, I heard,"Someone thinks they are Cinderella.."

  I rolled my eyes and playfully said,"Someone thinks they are the World's Greatest Detective.."

  Bruce shut his mouth, and I smirked in victory.

  I hope I did not hurt his feelings, but I yelled downstairs,"LOVE YOU, BRUCE!! BATMAN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN SUPERMAN!"

  I knew Bruce was smiling, before he yelled back,"AW, THANKS, Y/N!!"

  Mrs. Kent and I laughed when Clark said,"HEY!! I THOUGHT SUPERMAN WAS YOUR FAVORITE!!"

  I just smiled and let Mrs. Kent guide me up the stairs, before she handed me a shirt and some shorts to wear. This meant I was gonna have to go back to my house and get my things, because I originally did not plan on living with Clark. I did not think we would last this long, which was why I needed to work on my thinking. Anyways, I thanked Martha, before I took a shower and changed into the clothes. I made my way over to the bed, before Krypto ran and jumped on the bed.

  I giggled and rubbed his head saying,"I missed you more, Krypto. Why are you still up? Normally, you would be asleep already.."

  Krypto yawned and rested his head on my lap, before he fell asleep. I smiled and continued to slowly rub his head, but noticed Clark leaning on the terrace. When did he get there?

  Clark chuckled and said,"Do not worry, Y/N, I just got here. I see Krypto really loves you.."

  I looked down at Krypto and softly said,"Yeah, he is a special dog. It is almost like having a best friend that understands you, but not really a person. I do not know, he has just been there when I needed company."

  When Clark did not respond, I figured he had left out the room already. I was wrong, but comforted, knowing he stayed. Clark laid us back and wrapped his arms around me, before he held out his hands in front of him. I went to put mine in his, but noticed bruises and cuts going across them.

  I gasped and shakily said,"What happened, Kent?"

  Clark shook it off saying,"Nothing darling, just fighting the same battles I always have. This time something was different. Do you know what that was, Y/N?"

  I shook my head and guessed saying,"You realized that maybe Lois was being stupid for falling off another building?"

  Clark had a mix of emotions going on with his facial expressions, but I knew there was a smirk or smile there somewhere.

  Clark managed to turn me around by my waist, before he cupped my face and looked into my eyes saying,"No, this time I had you to fight for. I know Metropolis has always needed me, but you need me, too. I know things have not been the same between us, but that will not ever change my drive to want to protect you any chance I have. If you ever feel upset or doubtful, please let me know, okay darling?"

  I smiled through my tears and pulled Clark in for a kiss saying,"Okay, Kansas.."