Chapter 15

Hey guys!! I hope everyone is enjoying the storyline so far!! Okay so here's what we got going on: I've been getting personal requests to make you, the reader, have some sort of feelings for Bruce. I mean, that's fine with me, but I just want you guys to be happy with this story. This is a Clark Kent x Reader book, and it would be nice to add some drama to the story line, but I wanna know your thoughts on this. Please answer this question: Okay with being with Bruce or not okay? Remember: It won't be too long, but long enough to be dramatic, which we all love..

   Y/N'S POV

  As I examined General Zod, one thought came across my mind: How did he get here?

  I questioned Luthor saying,"How did you manage to find him?"

  Lex shrugged and clasped his hands together saying,"Amazing how much work can really get done, if you work together!! I called in a few favors and ta da!! Here he is!! Is this not wonderful?"

  I gave Lex a blank look and Lex sighed in defeat, before he put his hands on my shoulders saying,"You are going to help me with my experiment, because this will be progress. Imagine it: Superman sucking those last breaths while my work triumphs and successfully ends Superman!! What do you think, Y/N?"

  I looked into Lex's eyes and said,"You are a maniac, you know that? I am sure you do, because I do not see how you would not know that.."

  Lex chuckled and said,"I try, Y/N. I will take that as a compliment and yes, I do know that. Well, I better get going."

  After Lex walked out, I examined Zod's body and noticed something. Something had entered his blood stream, and it was like it was used for something important. Lex must be planning on using Zod's DNA to make something extremely more dangerous and the ultimate match for Superman.

  I had just heard him ranting about it, but I did not realize how serious it was until now. I immediately dropped my medical equipment and made my way towards the front entrance.

  As I did, some guards pushed me down, and Lex put his hands on his hips saying,"Well, well, well..Looks like we are going to have to do this the hard way. I was going to let you go home, but I guess things do not always work out!!"

  The guards escorted me back to the lab, before Lex shook his head in disappointment and walked back out. I rolled my eyes, but I smelt a familiar scent. I knew that scent too well...I knew what this looked like from where he was standing.

  I went to walk towards Superman, but he took steps back and said hurt,"You..you are working for Luthor? After everything we have been through, you were just trying to kill me..I..I thought you loved me, Y/N."

  I reached for Superman, but he pushed my hands away and shook his head saying,"You never cared about me, and I should have known."

  I cried saying,"It is not what it looks like, Clark. When Lex kidnapped me, he said that I had to do this, or he would kill you. There was no other choice, Kent. You have to believe me..I would never lie to you.."

  Tears fell down Superman's face, as he sniffed saying,"Yes, you already have. Y/N, you also told me that I would never find you here, but I did. Just because I can not be everywhere at one time, does not mean I would not find out."

  By this time, I was full-on sobbing and desperate for Clark to understand. He finally walked up to me and cupped my face, before he kissed me passionately. I kissed back, but I frowned at Clark pulling away.

  He looked into my eyes saying,"I will always love you, Y/N, but I was stupid for falling too hard for you. I have to go check on the Daily Planet. I have work to do..I will make up an excuse for you, I guess.."

  I grabbed Clark's cape and cried harder saying,"No, do not do this..I love you and nothing will ever change that. Clark, you know I would never betray you. Please do not go.."

  Superman looked back at me for a minute, but he shook his head and flew off. I threw all of my things, before I fell to my knees and put my face in my hands. Why, why did this have to happen to me? I had everything I could've ever hoped for and now that's gone..
  The doors were pulled open and I was expecting Luthor, but it was someone extremely different. It..it was Batman. What was he doing here? Batman went to go towards the back, but then he noticed me.

  I double blinked saying,"Bruce?"

  Batman carefully made his way towards me, before he noticed my chains. He managed to get me out, and I immediately hugged him and cried on his expensive suit. Batman hugged back and seemed to relax under my touch.

  I smiled at the discovery, but what just happened kept replaying in my mind.

  I cried even harder and buried my face in his armor plate saying,"Oh Bruce, this..this is all so wrong. Can I stay with you, please? I have nowhere else to go..."

  I could've gone home, but it reminded me of Clark too much. If he stopped by, I wouldn't be presentable at all.

  Batman nodded and offered to carry me, but I put my hand on his chest and said,"I will be fine. Thanks, though..."

  Batman nodded, before I followed him outside. I noticed the Batmobile and looked at it in awe.

  Batman smirked and said,"It will last longer once you get in. Come on it has been a long day."

  I could not help but smile and got in the passenger seat. Batman smiled over at me, which was probably the first smile I had ever received from him. I smiled back and felt something, but I ignored it and enjoyed the ride to Gotham.