Chapter 58

CLARK'S POV

  Right now, I was helping Y/N get ready for Jade's surprise party. As I went to finish putting up the party decor, I thought about Jade.

  I kissed Y/N's forehead and said,"Sweetheart, I am going to check on Jade real quick."

  Y/N just smiled at me and nodded saying,"Okay, Kent. Thank you. Aww, you are so cute."

  I blushed and Y/N laughed, before she gave me a kiss in thank you and I made my way to Y/N and I's bedroom.
  Earlier this week, I installed security cameras in the house to make sure that Y/N and I could keep an eye on Jade even if we were downstairs.

  I walked over to Jade's crib, and she was waking up. I smiled at her and thought about how lucky I was to finally be a father and a husband.
  Jade looked at me and tried to touch the bars, but I gently picked her up and she leaned on my chest. I wrapped her blanket around her, and she played with my sleeve.

  I smiled and kissed her cheek, before I carried her downstairs and Y/N randomly yelled,"CLARK, BE CAREFUL WITH MY CHILD!!"

  I just looked at Y/N confused and chose not to argue with her. I thought I was carrying her the right way down the stairs. I took my time..
  Jade became wide-eyed at Krypto sniffing her foot. Krypto barked at Jade, and Jade started to cry.

  I rocked her and rubbed her back, while she continued to cry. I took her outside. I sat down with her on the stairs and went to go back inside to finish helping Y/N, but I felt her lips press against mine and I kissed back.

  Y/N slowly pulled away and jogged back up the stairs saying,"You stay put, Kansas. This may be monumental for Jade. I will be fine doing the rest on my own."

  I was not convinced, because I really felt bad for not being able to help Y/N. She was my wife, so I had to do everything I could to help her, right?

  Y/N must have read my thoughts, because she just laughed and said,"Kansas, I love you so much..Hey, I will not embarrass you, though, because you are truly extraordinary."

  I smiled at Y/N and she smiled back, before she jogged back inside. I looked down at Jade and she was staring out into the fields. Jade, then looked up at me and started mumbling things.

  I laughed and wiped her mouth saying,"You remind me of your mother with those eyes. I remember when Mom first told me I would have to be a father one day. I was nervous, but I was also ready to take that next step in life one day. I did not expect to meet someone as amazing as your mother, but she did rock my world. Everyone always thought I would end up with Lois, but my heart was truly set towards Y/N. Y/N tried to act all cute and uninterested at first, but I knew there was more to her than that. Never once, did I think I would be sitting her now with my own little girl to call my own. Jade, I want you to grow up to be an inspiration to those around you, because you will be a beacon of hope to everyone you come across. I know you cannot understand a word I am saying to you, but I-"

  I was cut off by Y/N yelling,"BABY, THE GUESTS ARE HERE!! STOP TALKING TO JADE! SHE DOES NOT CARE! JK, KENT, YOU ARE THE BEST HUSBAND EVER!"

  I knew Y/N was just kidding, which made me smile and laugh. Jade flinched at Y/N's yelling, but I just gently picked her up again and brought her inside.

   Y/N'S POV

  I opened the door and guess who was the first one here? Bruce..I was surprised, given what was going on in Gotham right now.

  Bruce laughed and joked saying,"Am I not allowed to come in? Should I have gotten a name tag first and introduced myself?"

  I hit Bruce's shoulder and just smiled, before I hugged him saying,"Thanks for coming, Bruce. This means the world to Clark and I. Did you pay for all of this?"

  When I said "this," I was referring to the toys and clothing behind him.

  Bruce just nodded and said,"Yes. Sorry, I just wanted-"

  I just pulled Bruce inside and said,"No, Batman, that is more than enough. Thank you. Jade is with Clark."

  Bruce kissed my cheek and patted my shoulder, before he walked towards Clark.
  The doorbell went off again and this time, it was Diana, Hal, Barry, Shayera, and John.

  Diana smiled and immediately asked me,"What's the surprise? I need to know, Y/N."

  I laughed and said,"You have to wait until it is time. It will not be that long, Diana. Why don't you go and get something to eat?"

  I spotted Clark take Jade up the stairs; Bruce followed after him. Diana sighed and nodded, before Shayera sent me a smile and joined Diana.

  I saluted to Hal and Hal laughed, before he saluted back and said,"It is great to see you, too, N/N."

  Hal made his way inside, before Barry held out his hand. I went to take it, but he used his super speed and I missed his hand.

  I pouted and whined saying,"B..Barry. Stop that.."

  Barry laughed and gave me a high five, before I tripped him and he fell on Hal.

  Hal rolled his eyes and helped him up, before Hal said,"Barry, maybe you should just leave her alone."

  I laughed and greeted John, before I noticed some more cars pull up in Clark and I's driveway.

  I saw Victor, Billy, J'onn, Oliver, and Zatanna coming towards the door. I smiled, because I realized Jade would have more protection than she knew in her left.

  I welcomed them all in, before I made my way back inside and waited about an hour after everyone got settled. I told Clark to stay upstairs with Jade, but Jade seemed to be attached to Bruce right now. I apologized to Bruce, before he just waved it off and smiled down at Jade.

  I jogged back down the stairs and tapped on one of the glass cups to get everyone's attention.

  Once I did, I cleared my throat and said,"Um.., Hi everyone. I really want to just thank you for coming and spending your evening here. I know all of you have homes and families you would have to go back home to, so I do not want to keep you guys waiting any longer. Over the last past year, Clark and I have gotten closer and I know it is not just because we know each other so well. It was because we had people like you to help us through our disagreements and different perspectives on life. Recently, Clark and I have been blessed by God with a little miracle. She is a little shy, but she loves attention. I want you guys to meet the new member of the Kent family, Jade."

  Clark walked down the stairs first, and then Bruce walked down with Jade still in his arms. Everyone laughed at Jade burying her face in Bruce's neck.

  Bruce gently gave Jade to Clark, before everyone awwed at Jade. Jade held on to Clark's shirt. She looked around at everyone and at Barry, who was making funny faces at her. I smiled at Barry and sent him a wink, before he blushed, and I nodded to him in thank you for attempting to make Jade smile.

  Diana ran towards Jade and asked Clark,"Clark, may I hold the little one first?"

  I laughed and Clark smiled at Diana, before he handed Jade to her. Diana immediately grew attached to Jade, while Jade seemed to enjoy playing with her hair.
  I gently took Jade from Diana, before Jade played with my fingers. Then, Clark and I introduced her to the rest of her extended superhero family.