Chapter 50

Y/N'S POV

  I slowly opened my eyes and realized I was still strapped to the medical bed, but the doctors were all on the ground.  Unconscious. I was more than relieved, but I quickly panicked and worried about the baby.

  I went to try to undo the straps myself, but a familiar hand touched my own saying,"No, darling, you have been through enough. Can you move?"

  I was so relieved to see Superman that I immediately attacked him in kisses, and even realized that I may have seemed desperate. Superman laughed in the kiss, but he must have been thinking what I was.

  He put his hand on my stomach saying,"Sweetheart, we have to get you to a doctor. Batman has recommended Leslie for this, because we do not really know what the doctors may have done to you. I hope you and the baby are okay.."

  Wait, how did Clark know about the baby? He must have used his x-ray vision.

  I nodded and held on to Clark, before Superman flew us out of the warehouse. Towards Gotham. I could feel how Superman tensed a little, so I just rested my hand on his chest and leaned more into him. Superman smiled down at me and kissed my forehead, before we made it to Leslie' clinic and Batman was standing there waiting for us.

  I could see the worry in his eyes for me, but I waved it off and joked saying,"Batman, you do.. have feelings..I am.. honored.."

  Bruce laughed and knew I would be fine, before he led us inside and I saw the Bat-family was here as well. I never  personally got the chance to know them all, but Bruce informed me that they were all special in their own way.

  Nightwing, whom I did get the chance to meet, put his hand on my shoulder and sent me a soft smile saying,"Everything will be just fine, Y/N. You have Superman by your side.."

  Batman looked uneasy for a second. Wait, was he jealous? I giggled a little, which caused Bruce to roll his eyes. However, he did do his best to help Leslie figure out what was going on with me and the baby.

  Leslie held out her hand and I put mine in hers, before she said,"Clearly, a miracle happened..With all the pain you experienced, the baby should have been dead, but it is as if nothing happened. Y/N, I am glad to say that your baby is perfectly fine and he/she will be all right. How are you feeling? Any pains or headaches?"

  Clark and I both sighed in relief.

  I thanked God, before Clark held me and said,"Thank you so much, Leslie. Does Y/N need to take any medicines or anything?"

  Leslie laughed warmly, while I rolled my eyes at Clark's plea to give me some medicine. I was not always a big fan of it and sometimes, I would rather go through the pain myself and get it over with.

  Leslie nodded and looked at me saying,"Unfortunately, you will have to take a few different ones, Y/N. I am only making you take them to ensure that you and the baby are healthy. I did notice that your vitals are almost faster than normal. I don't know whether you think this is a good thing or not, but you may be just like Superman. The doctors clearly targeted you for a reason and I will do my best to make sure that you are all right."

  Clark held my hand and I nodded saying,"Thank you, Leslie, Bruce, may I have a minute alone with Clark?"

  Bruce understood and kissed my forehead, before he led Leslie and the boys out of the room. Once Bruce, Leslie, and the boys left out, I immediately pulled Clark in for a hug. 

  Clark rubbed my back and softly said,"Sweetheart, everything will be okay..I know that you are scared and I am scared for you, but I will still be here to help you. Plus, Christmas is almost here and I have something to cheer you up. I was going to wait until later, but you need it now.."

  I sniffed and smiled a little, because Clark really was the biggest sweetheart ever...

  Superman smiled down at me and handed me one wrapped gift and sent me a wink saying,"Just because I give you this early, does not mean you get the rest ahead of time, too. Open it.."

  I gave Clark a few kisses, before he blushed and waited for me to open the present. Once I did, I gasped and more tears fell down my face.

  Superman said,"Your Dad told me about how much certain symbols and gifts mean to you, so I did everything I could to get you this one. He told me that you loved necklaces like these, so I went to every store to find it. It took a long time, but you will always be worth every minute of my time.."

  Superman put the necklace around my neck and I immediately pulled him in for a passionate kiss, before he kissed back and slowly pulled away saying,"You are welcome, Darling. About your powers, you can finally be the hero you have always wanted to be. Maybe you can keep up or not.."

  I playfully rolled my eyes and pulled Clark in for another hug, before I smiled at feeling Clark rest his hand on my stomach. Rest assured, I was beyond grateful that my baby girl or boy was okay.