Chapter 66

KARA'S POV

  As I observed how Y/N tried her hardest to control her abilities, I could also tell how nervous she was. Why was she nervous? Was it because she was worried I would tell Kal bad things about her training or was it because I was making her nervous?

  I blocked one of Y/N's punches and looked her in the eyes saying,"You have to rely on so much more than just your strength, Y/N. It has to come from the inside, too. Whatever distractions you have or whatever you are thinking about has to come to a stop. Clear your head. Focus on the mission.."

   Y/N looked at me confused, before I motioned under her feet.

   I created a ring of fire around us with my heat vision before I said,"Imagine if this was your current surroundings. You have two hostages with you. You have two men coming for you from the left and two from the right. The hostages are in the middle, but you also have the fire closing in on you. What do you do?"

  Y/N looked so scared she would say the wrong answer, but she did not realize the fire was closing in on us. I could easily put it out, but this was Y/N's learning experience. Not my own.

  Y/N quickly said,"I can stop the guys from getting to the hostages, while I find something to cool down the fire. How am I supposed to.."

  Y/N took deep breaths and I was about to step in, but she ran outside of the circle and I was deeply confused. She just left her "hostages" and the ring of fire.

   Y/N'S POV

  Kara was counting on me to do things on my own and put me in that mentality that Clark and Kara had every single day, but I was struggling a little bit. I needed to figure out how to possibly stop a fire and get back to the hostages. I noticed a pond nearby and ran over to it, but I seemed to be doing more than just running..

  I HAD SUPER-SPEED, TOO! WAIT TILL BARRY HEARD ABOUT THIS!!

  I tried to stop myself, but I ended up running into the pond. I fell in the water and shivered at how cold it was, before I grabbed as much water as I could and made my way back over to the ring.
  Kara looked impressed, but she also noticed I was drenched in water. I waved it off and put out the ring of fire to save the "hostages."

  I did a happy dance, but I felt someone behind me. Superman.

  I smiled and went to hug him, but Kara said,"No. This is a part of your training, Y/N. If you can beat Clark than you are done for today. If not, then we go all night."

  I looked at Superman and he chuckled saying,"Kara is right, sweetheart. Sometimes, you will be pushed into a certain situation even if you are not ready. How better than to train you than right now against me?"

  I knew Clark was right, but a huge part of me was lazy and did not want to have to train all night..I guess I better make sure I won, then. What if Clark..

  Before I could respond, Superman rushed towards me and threw punches at me. Given his strength, I blocked a majority of them, but it caused me to fall on the ground.
  Superman tried to grab me, but I stopped his hand and pushed him back. He came towards me again and I slid under his legs, before I got him from behind.

  Superman left the ground and changed our position, before I felt him grab at my side. I jerked away from him, not really understanding why he went for my side, but it was because he knew me..He knew where I was vulnerable at. I also knew him, so I flew away from Clark and made my way towards Metropolis.

  Before I could pass by the Daily Planet, I looked back and no Superman. I stopped, until I looked upside down and saw him flying towards me.
  I smirked and used my heat vision to put a hole through one of the fountain openings. The water sprang out and fell on top of Clark, before I laughed and flew back towards where I last saw him.

  When I did not see Clark, I panicked and almost had a heart attack. I screamed when I felt someone grab me. However, it was Superman.

  I let out a sigh of relief, yet I struggled against Clark's grip.

  Clark chuckled and said,"What are you gonna do, sweetheart? Time is ticking.."

  I kissed Clark and he kissed back, before I slowly grabbed his red cape. I pulled on it and put it over his head, before I pulled us towards the ground.

  When we landed on the ground, it hurt, but I had Clark pinned.

  Clark groaned but said,"You are improving, but I think you broke my arm."

  I frowned and said,"Sorry, baby. Kara, did I do okay?"

  I turned and saw Kara flying towards us. I knew she had her eyes on Clark and I the whole time.

  Kara clapped and said,"You did amazing. If you keep on improving and pushing as hard as you can, you could turn out more powerful than Kal."

  Clark got up and held his arm saying,"Don't give her any ideas.."

  I smiled at Clark and nervously asked him,"W..Well, how did I do? Am I doing horrible? Do I need to change something? How is your arm? Do I-"

  Clark cut me off by kissing me passionately and pulled away admitting to me,"You did excellent, darling. I am so proud of you. What do you say: lead the way home?"

  I smiled and pecked Clark's lips, before we both left the ground. I flew Clark and I back towards our house.

  I looked at Clark and asked him,"Where is our child, Kansas?"

  Clark kissed my forehead and said,"She is all right. Jade is at home with Mom. Figured Mom would want some time with her for a change."

  I smiled and nodded happy, yet excited that I was improving and had a supportive husband who cared about my progress. Kara caught up with Clark and I, while I held on tightly to him.