Chapter 26

A/N hi everyone, thank you all for still being here and enjoy this new chapter!

'Wow, things I never thought I'd be doing-- feeding a vampire. My 16-year-old self would think I'm really cool right now' Camille said to me what made me laugh. 'Thank you Camille this is very kind of you' 'don't worry about it, i like you, you are kind and i would hate to see you die at the hands of your boyfriend' 'yeah thanks that will be hard though' she nodded.

I felt his eyes burning holes in my body. Klaus seeking for my eyes, lingering for my touch maybe hoping for a kiss. After i released Cami she went to Nik. 'So how you feel about your need to hunt down the people you love most?' she asked him. 'I'm too weak for one of your talks right now' he said and he was damn right. We all are. 'She's your sister. How can you hate her?' thats the question i wanted to ask all along. 'Because she has done what no one else has managed to do to me for 1,000 years... Rip my heart out' i sighed. He was hurt by her and believe me i understand but the way he wants to get this so called "revenge" is so wrong and i won't let him touch my sister and best friend. I won't have it.

'Turns out, they'd already betrayed me, and brought to town the one thing I'd been running from for centuries... my father' i'm glad i never met the man. 'Oh' she said. 'Yes oh' i answered. 'So, you're consumed by revenge you'll never achieve. Elijah implied Rebekah and Marcel could be anywhere in the world by now' i said to him and finally giving him my eyes. ' Oh, I'm not so sure about that love, but tell me this why are you choosing their side' 'choosing a side are you for real, are you really saying that to me right now. While i'm laying here wounded cause i took the punch for you from your own brother' he didn't say a thing only looked at me.

'They'll need a cloaking spell, and for that, they'll need a witch' he said. 'I'm sure they are having one' he nodded. 'But there's only one place they can go' he said. 'Home' i said with tears in my eyes. I can't believe his ideas didn't change at all and he still wants to kill his sister and adoptive son. I pushed the blanket aside and try to get out of this ridiculous bed. 'Ugh' i groaned. 'You're still weak' Cammie said. 'I'm still kind of hungry but i don't want to drain you' 'there is a fresh blood supply in the kitchen' Nik said. 'You won't make it that far. So, be a good little girl and get back into bed' Klaus said and wanted to push me back in the bed. 'If I had a quid for every time a man has tried that line on me' i said to him. 'You'd have, like, no money' he said smirking. 'I beg to differ. Some men actually find me quite charming' i said looking him straight in the eye.

'Why am I not surprised you like opera?' Cammie said to Klaus. Yes and i have to say i'm kind of suprised. 'I always had a particular soft spot for Le Grand Guignol. I like the story. It was a tale of forbidden love, a Romeo and Juliet of sorts. On the day they are to marry, family and long-festering hatred intervene. Thousands are massacred. A father even kills his own child in the final act. I can almost appreciate the irony' while they were talking i snook out of bed and dressed myself.

After they let me leave the room i walked straight for the bar. I really needed a drink or two. The man i love wants to kill my best friend i can't let that happen. And i can't let him kill Marcel i like the guy he is part of this. 'Not sure that helps ' Nik said to me. ' Not sure it doesn't ' i replied and took another gulp of strong liquir. 'You want to self-medicate your self-pity, fine. Better scotch than my blood, no matter what Elijah says' Cammie said relieved i didn't wanted any more of her blood. 'Don't speak to me of either of them they are both dicks' i said what made her chuckle. 'They love you' 'i'm sure they do' i whispered. 'But either way i ended with that stupid dagger in my heart' she nodded. 'We both do' Klaus said and tried to grab my hand but i refused kindly. Well not kindly i slapped his hand away. 'Yes. He does love me and Mia, and he proves it time and again, even when my father enlisted him to kill me.

You keep saying kill, but you're immortal. You can't be killed' she asked curiously. 'Oh, but we can, love. And my father was the only one with the means to do it. A white oak stake, fashioned by my father to take from us the very thing he forced upon us all-- our immortality'. 'Elijah has always carried guilt for that night for not stopping our father. I told him not to blame himself. When your father wants to kill you, he wants to kill you. Nothing you can do about it. Oh, I hate to be a know-it-all. My sister and her lover have been spotted in town. So, story time endeth here, I'm afraid' he said. 'No it didn't end Nik, you are one big bastard for wanting to kill my best friend my sister i can't believe you want to continue this shit' i snapped. 'I have to' he said. 'So it doesn't matter what you think then you don't bother when your girlfriend hates you' i yelled. 'I'm sorry love' he whispered and knocks some statue off revealing the white oak stake. 'What is that' Cami asked immidiatly. 'A white oak stake, my own special version. And, unlike my father's, this one cannot be destroyed' and he left.