Chapter 30

A/N: i can't believe we made it this far together. We are here at chapter 30 and i'm so proud to publish this and be proud of my fanfiction story. Without you guys i couldn't have pulled this off. To see how many people read my fanfiction its touching and it gives me the motivation to go on and keep on writing. You guys are my inspiration and writing is really a big passion that has his very own place in my heart. Thank you once again! 👑

Klaus is standing next to Elijah preventing her from pulling the blade out while i stand next to Rebekah. 'You against me. It's hardly a fair fight, is it? I mean, perhaps, if Marcel were here, you'd stand a chance, but I expect he's already found another girl. No doubt younger and prettier' he said. 'that is low Klaus even for you' i said but he didn't dare to look at me. 'You take joy in other people's pain, and then you wonder why I hate you' she said. ' Yes, and that hatred led you to do what you did. Admit the truth. Admit you wanted me dead' he said wanting to hear her confess. 'I wanted you to run, that is all-- despite your delusions' she said. 'Elijah lies suffering, and I will allow you to help him. All you have to do is admit it' 'You're insane' she said. 'Yes! Yes! I am a vicious, heartless monster, and so you summoned Mikael to kill me. Admit it' he tried again. 'It's not true' i said trying to help her. She doesn't deserve this at all. But neither does he. 'You know what you did. Admit it' he said again. ' I didn't' 'You wanted me dead! Admit it' 'Maybe I did. Nik--' oh god Rebekah what did you just do.

He was shocked she admitted. Out of anger he staked her and i heard someone scream. Turned out to be me. He snapped my neck to stop all his pain and my screaming.

When Rebekah wokened she saw him sitting on a tomb with the white oak stake. She is shocked to see Mia still laying on the ground with her neck snapped. 'You missed my heart' she said. 'Perhaps I did. Or, perhaps I never meant to kill you. Perhaps I just wanted you to feel a fraction the fear I felt when Father came for me' 'Do you yourself know the truth' she asked him. 'I know this. You accuse me of being evil, and yet you are the one who conspired to kill your own blood' 'You made our lives a living hell. You tormented us and even after all those horrible things you said my best friend still loves you' she sighed. Klaus looked over at his girlfriend, still dead at the floor.

'I love my family-- You, Elijah and Mia i love her with all my heart. I loved all of you. I know I can be difficult, but I did not make myself this way. It was Mikael who ruined me' he confessed to her. 'He ruined me, too. That's what you forget. Centuries later, each of us is broken. You with your anger and paranoia, me with my fear of abandonment. And poor Elijah. He dedicates himself to everyone but himself. We are the strongest creatures in the world, and yet, we are damaged beyond repair. We live without hope, but we will never die. We are the definition of "cursed." Always and forever' she said. 'Please tell her that, that you love her you broke her today Klaus' 'i know' he sighed looking over at his dead girlfriend. He has a lot to make up to her. And this wasn't going to get easy.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked over to see them talking slowly and at ease. And that made me happy. I rubbed my neck. 'We're still trapped in here. Whatever you're going to do to me, do it now' she said' 'You said our father ruined us. And I can't help but wonder, what if his father ruined him' he asked her. A gush of wind telles us the barrier is down. 'The barrier is down' i said standing up. 'Thank god you're awake' Rebekah said and hugged me tightly. 'Of course Bekah i'm a vampire a little neck snapping won't kill me' she laughed. She turned back to Niklaus. 'I know you hate me, but what's done is done' ' What's done is never done. It remains within us, a story we tell ourselves so we know who we are. Vicious father, a bastard son, and the sister who betrayed him. Perhaps it's time for a new story. What is it you want, Rebekah' he asked her. 'Same things that I've wanted since I was a child. I want a home. I want a family. I want someone to love me, and I want to live' she confessed something every girl wants. 'Then go. Go far away and never come back. We are far too damaged to remain together, less a family now than a volatile mix of ingredients. New Orleans will be mine. I will raise my child here in the city you took from me. No doubt, Elijah will choose to stay, but you? Sister, you are free' he said. She is free.

'Mia will you be okay' 'of course i will be, silly girl i will need time to heal after today but i will be alright and i will take care of your brothers keep them in check' 'let him spoil you' she said. 'He will' i said looking at Klaus him giving me a little smile. That smile i love so much. Rebekah gave me and Nik one last glance before turning and leaving. For good.

After coming home i desperetly needed a shower i saw Klaus dissapearing in his office. I followed him and saw him pulling a wooden toy out of an old wooden box. 'This toy i made for her when we were children. A knight on a horse, she was always scared for the storm outside and this would protect her always and forever' he said. I walked to him and took the toy in my hands. 'Well i think Hope will adore it' this made him smile. 'I'm so sorry for hurting you those words i didn't mean' 'you are one troubled man Nik and yes you did hurt me a lot today not only by those words but your drive to be willing to kill your sister and my best friend is unforgivable' i said and his eyes that spark went out. 'But lucky for you, i am some crazy woman who still loves you even after today so we will get true this together but you have to spoil me with expensive presents, fancy dinners and massages' i said smiling. That made him smile too. 'Deal love' he said before i took his hand in mine and took him to the bedroom.