chapter 1

I beamed up at the door with the numbers 288 written on it in a faded brass.

Harry trudged up the steps behind me, levitating our bags in a line.

"This is it!" I said excitedly.

I grabbed the doorknob and twisted it as fast as possible, almost ripping it off.

The door swung open promptly, reveling a room that was bare everywhere except for the brown couch sitting on the floor.

Harry peaked in over my shoulder. "There's a couch," he said flatly.

I pursed my lips, clapping my hands together. "I know! The old owners left some furniture behind for us. Isn't that lovely?"

Harry dropped our bags on the floor and walked over to the couch. He slapped his hand on it, and a layer of dust came off.

I frowned at him. "Okay, maybe the owners were here a little while ago, but that means we have lots to work with! Nothing a simple spell can't fix. Come on, it's only the first room."

Harry and I were renting an apartment right around Diagon Alley together. Ron and Luna had moved in together after dating, which meant it was fairly lonely at the Weasley's. Harry and I had no place to go, and since the Wizarding War was over, this seemed like a logical choice.

"I feel guilty," said Harry, strolling ahead of me into the kitchen.

"Why?" I asked. "Because we moved without Ron?"

Harry swiped his fingers along the countertop, leaving his tips a dark shade of brown. "Exactly."

I rolled my eyes, following him in. "Come on, he's happy with Luna. They're probably having a great time."

He snorted. "Yeah, if you call kissing and arguing a great time."

I swatted him in the arm. "You know perfectly well Luna isn't like that! I heard Luna was very sensitive about the kissing thing."

I scanned the room, trying to think of a good color to go over the crackling purple wallpaper.

"The kissing thing?" Harry laughed. I glared at him. "You know what I mean. I didn't sign up to live with a git."

"I don't remember a sign up sheet. I believe you're stuck with me," he smirked.

"Alright, chosen one," I mimicked. I grabbed my bags to carry upstairs. "Why don't you accio some furniture?"

Harry stopped. "Do what?" I turned around and smiled at him. "Accio some furniture."

He starred at me blankly. "Did you... Um... By any means... Tell me about this... Before?"

I did silent victory dance in my head. "I do recall telling you before we left the Weasley's."

"Oh," was all he said. I raised my eyebrow. "Oh no, Potter, it seems like you're stuck with me."

~
Hey guys!
This is my first comedy.
If you like it please star, comment, and add to your library!!