chapter 3

I thumped down the stairs, rubbing my eyes. It was now our third night here and that bed was still hard on my back.

I had my hair up in a very messy bun and was wearing a tank top with some comfy pajama pants when I entered the kitchen.

There stood Harry, shirtless and wearing sweats, flipping some pancakes.

I blinked a few times, Harry still not aware of my presence. I then proceeded to turn around and force out an awkward "hey".

Harry spun around, smirking at me. "Good morning, Granger. What are you hiding for? I made you a lovely breakfast."

My cheeks burned red. "Maybe you could put on some proper attire first!"

Harry turned back to his pancakes. "Oh, Mione, I've known you since you were eleven, for Merlins sake, we lived together in a tent for weeks on end! I think you could lighten up a bit more."

I slowly spun myself around, forcing myself not to look any lower than his neck.

I sat at the counter bar stool, placing my chin in my hand. "Since when did you become a master chef?"

"Since you started getting up two hours after me. I've had a lot of time to practice," he smiled.

I smiled back. "Well, I do need my beauty rest."

"I think you needed a bit more," he teased.

"Hey!" I said, sitting up straight. "That's rich, coming from you!"

He turned, raising his eyebrow at me. "I don't need beauty rest to look this amazing," he said.

"UGH, I don't know why I agreed to live with such a git," I said sourly, pulling at a loose curl that had fallen down from the mop on my head.

Harry put his spatula to his chin, looking as if he was in deep thought, "Oh yes now, what were your words? I believe what you said was, I was stuck with you?"

I shot him a glare, "Don't use my words against me! Now where are my pancakes?" I asked.

He took whip cream out of the mini fridge we had running out of an outlet. (Harry wanted to be more like a muggle for a moment).

"Be patience," he said slowly, drawing something onto a pancake.

I tapped my fingernails on the countertop, smirking at him.

"Voila!" He said, placing the cap back on the bottle, shoving the plate in front of me.

I looked down to see a pancake with.... Whip cream glasses.... And a lightning scar?

"You made... Yourself?" I said, a giggle escaping my lips.

"Yours truly!" He said proudly, "An old trick Ron and I do that I thought I'd introduce to you."

I looked between my plate and up at him. "I have to say, the resemblance in uncanny!"

He smirked, "Oh stop, I'm blushing!" He said happily.

I noticed his messy hair and his glasses pushed down on his nose and that made me smile. I had almost forgotten he wasn't wearing shirt.

"Well," I said, cutting a piece out of my Pancake Potter, "After I do my reading this morning, I have to head down to the store. Care to join me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I've already ran out of the bag of chrisps you bought me," he said gingerly.

I sighed. "Already?"