chapter 6

I awoke in my own bed. I blinked a few times, trying to remember the events of last night.

Oh... Oh yeah. I kissed Harry. I swung my legs over the bed and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

What was I going to say to him?

I barely remember what happened after, we both were a bit embarrassed... I think we headed up to bed without a word.

I tied my hair up and got dressed. I then opened my door and headed out into the hallway. I peaked into Harry's room... Empty.

I proceeded to walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. I looked around and to my surprise, Harry was no where to be found.

I bit my lip, grabbing my breakfast bar off of the counter. I peeled it open, taking a bite and walking into the entry room.

Outside the door, I could hear some faint voices. I look through the side window and saw Harry talking to Ginny.

"OW!" I squealed, realizing I had bit into my tongue at the sight. I stood there for a moment, watching them.

"Thanks Ginny, I couldn't have done it without you!" "Well, it was my pleasure. I'm glad it all worked out. If you ever need anything again, you know where to find me."

Ginny proceeded to give Harry a squeeze on the shoulder and aparated.

I backed up a bit, trying to process what I heard. The door opened and Harry jumped a bit when he saw me standing there.

"Hermione!" He said. I took a bite out of my bar. "Hi," I said tentatively. He rubbed the back of his neck. "So... Er... When did you get down here?" He said.

"I dunno, maybe when you and Ginny were half way through you conversation?" I spat.

He frowned. "Okay, Hermione, it's not what it looks like...." "Oh I believe it's exactly what I looks like!" I snapped.

He looked at me, struggling. "No, Hermione, you need to lis-" "Are we just going to forget what happened last night? Because I bloody hell-" "HERMIONE!" He yelled, exasperated.

I stared at him with my mouth open. "Please, I told Ginny to say those things. Okay, I told her because I like you, and I didn't want to tell you. I thought the only way I could know for sure was if you got jealous, and I'm assuming you did. Look, I'm sorry, it was really immature...."

I looked at him and smiled. "Really?" I said softly. He laughed. "Yeah."

"Oh god, it totally worked! I was so mad! I mean-" I stopped talking, my whole face growing red. "Er....."

All Harry did was smile, and he turned and walked past me.

"Oh yeah, about last night, if you were wondering, I didn't forget," he said with a smirk. I smirked back. "Well good. Because I'll relive it any time."

~

Harry sighed. "So many kids! Hogwarts doesn't start for what, two weeks?"

We continued to stroll with our arms locked down Diagon Alley. "You know, they're all very excited. Which brings me to something I've been wishing to tell you..." I said slowly.

"What?" He said, stopping. "I... I talked to Mcgonagall, and she said I can come and take some classes, if I wanted. I don't have to live here or anything, but I'm welcome to come to complete some of my seventh year, I hope that's alright with you."

"As long as you're not gone too long," he teased, and smiled. I looked at him for a moment and turned to face him, pulling him into a kiss.

I could feel his smile against my lips I extended my toes to be level with him. I broke apart. "Trust me, I'll make sure we have plenty of time together."