chapter 14

"Harry- I...." Hermione trailed off.

He looked up at her, his eyes before so full of hope, and then his face fell.

"No! No no- don't be upset!" Hermione shrieked. "Yes, of course! Yes, I'll marry you!" She cried.

And suddenly Harry's eyes filled with so much light, Hermione thought she was looking at a different person. He was truly, completely, happy.

He went to get up, but stopped. "Oh- the ring! I can't forget about that," he laughed.

Hermione smiled, and Harry slid the ring on her finger. It glistened in the light.

Before Hermione could comment, Harry stood up and clasped her head in his hands, kissing her.

When Hermione kissed him back, there was so much love, so much understanding, so much passion, that time seemed to stand still.

Hermione pulled away, her eyes brimming with tears. "I love you. So much. And no matter what happens, no matter where this takes us, I will always love you," she exclaimed.

Harry smiled at her, gazing straight into her eyes. He just said 6 simple words.

"I finally have a family again."

That's when Hermione lost it. She absolutely broke down, burying herself in his chest, hysterically crying.

"Merlin, MERLIN! I'm so sorry, Harry. I'm so bloody sorry. I don't know how to express it- I'm just so damn sorry. You don't deserve this. You're such a good person, why you? You've gone through so much pain. It's not fair. No one deserves this! What the hell!" She sobbed.

Harry stroked her hair. "Please don't! Don't cry- I'm okay. We'll be okay. You did more than I could ever ask- you said yes. Even if you didn't, it would have been okay, but you did. And we'll get married. And have beautiful children. But I just want to be here now. With you. I just want this moment to last a little longer."

Hermione's crying softened, and she nodded.

She could hear the music drifting quietly from the radio, and Harry began to sway her.

She was marrying him. She was marrying Harry James Potter. Her best friend. Her boyfriend. What would they do? How would they tell everyone? Harry has a job- when are they going to plan a wedding? Plan a wedding?

But then Hermione's thoughts calmed. It was going to be okay. Harry said so. She was here with him now, and that was all that mattered.

-----

Hermione walked out of the bathroom with her pajamas on.

She passed Harry's room and saw him heading to his bed.

"Goodnight, Harry," she said softly.

He looked up at her. "Where are you going?"

She titled her head. "To my room?" She questioned.

He smiled. "We're engaged, you know. I think we could try sleeping in the same bed."

Hermione felt her cheeks flush. For some reason, that just felt odd. She had only slept in the same bed as him once, and she barley slept at all.

Sometimes she sleep talks, and sometimes she's a kicker, so she tried to avoid sleeping with other people.

But Harry looked so happy, so she said, "Of course. Let me just grab my pillow."

She slowly went into her room and grabbed her pillow, heading back to Harry's room.

Harry got settled in on the left side, and she put her things on the right.

As she laid down, Harry shut off the light.

For a moment, Hermione felt the most uncomfortable she ever had.

But then Harry wrapped his arm around her, and whispered a soft goodnight, and then kissed her behind her ear.

She felt a wave of shivers run over every inch of her body, but she also felt a sense of comfort. She felt safe.

And turned over to face him. "One night, I'll respond to that action," she smiled. "But I am much too tired."

And before they knew it, they drifted off to sleep.