Chapter 11

Erza P.O.V

" Just die already! You sick little beast can rot in hell! You-" 

" Could you please not?" I asked my best friend as she desperately tried to kill an elf that she had been chasing for the past ten minutes.

" Just shut up, Er-chan. I am busy here." Carmen stated.I rolled my eyes and looked at teacher who was still oblivious to her actions. 

I almost jumped in my seat when I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

" Erza, you better tell your friend to stop playing that game or Mrs. Tate will definitely see her. " Lucy warned me in a whisper.

" I am trying,Lucy, but I can't control her. Carmen!" I shushed her again just when Mrs. Tate looked her way

''Carmen Wilder, what are doing in the middle of my class?" Her eyes were blazing with anger.

"What you mean,professor?" She bated her lashes innocently. In a second that I looked at Mrs. Tate,her phone was gone and a shining pink pen was resting in her hand.

"Come here and do this example, since I see you have been paying attention this whole time." If it had been someone else, I would be worried. But this was Carmen. Her walk was sassy as always and she shoved no sign she was guilty or even nervous.

With an innocent smile on her face , she did what she was told without a single stop. It was a long example and one of those which if you made even a tiny mistake you would fall into depths of failure.

The marker stopped, and with a triumphal smile she handed it back to Mrs. Tate.

Apparently, Mrs.Tate was trying her best to seem unaffected but her cheeks grew a deep shade of red in anger. 

"You can return to your place now. Now!" 

"Of course, professor." I could notice she was trying her best not to swing her short black hair behind her shoulder.

When Mrs.Tate turned around she did and sat on her chair like a first class lady, just like she was raised. No matter how much she tried to get rid of those habits when out of high society, this one remained.

"I hope not all of professors are a pain like this one." she murmured and smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Most of them are. But I can asure they are better than Miss Beegun. " We had to put our hands on our mouths to silent the giggles. Miss Beegun was a scrict old lady who was teaching good manners. Both Carmen and I only got a chance to attend one class with that 'charming' woman, because she threw us out after the third time we failed at stopping our giggling. It wasn't our fault really , her rules were holarious. By the end of class, I think she threw out at least five other 'students'.

Mrs. Tate looked in our direction, but we were writing the whole time. 

"It could harder get worse than that."

"Mr. Fernandes. Please do this example. " I looked up at Jellal,  who, like he sensed my stare, looked at me for a moment before averting his eyes and taking the marker from Mrs. Tate's hand. My jaw almost dropped to the floor when she smiled at him
Smiled. Mrs. Tate smiled. Carmen closed my mouth with her hand and handed me a piece of paper.

'Are you gaping because of the boy or because Mrs. Tate smiled?' It said.

I thought for a moment, then wrote ' Mrs. Tate. He is the biggest jerk to ever walk on planet Earth' down and handed it back to her.

' So that's him. Interesting indeed. '

'Oh shut up'

'Wasn't even talking.'