Chapter 13

Erza P.O.V

"The trees are so beautiful tonight."

My pitiful attempt to stop the glaring between the two got them both staring at me now. I really didn't understand why they couldn't stand each other and what started the bad vibe, but it started to annoy me. And since I decided to change, I couldn't just bang them on the heads and shout at them to quit it.

The idea was , however, very alluring.

"There's no Moon tonight I can't see my freaking hand when I put it righy in front of my eye." She almost dug my eye out accidentally as she tried to make a point by waving her finger in front of my face. "Much less the trees."

"Just because you are blind doesn't mean we all have such poor poor " he repeated "eyesight. "

"Says a person who is carrying a torch" she retorted with an obvious snarl curling her lips.

Annnnd they're are back to glaring, but this time they also decided to argue too.

I was bored of this. Let's try something.

I quietly slipped into the dark forest and climbed the nearest tree, watching as the light disappeared in the distance as they continued walking, oblivious to my actions. I sat down and pulled a chocolate bar from my pocket, taking the bite as I waited patiently.

I don't know about Jellal, but Carmen would notice sooner or later. Very likely sooner. No matter what mood she was in she had good instincts.

I smiled fondly at the memory when I heard a movement behind me but didn't manage to turn around to see the person before the cold metal found its way to my neck. 

Quickly discarding the thoughts of how stupid I was for letting my guard down and how I was sitting in a position where I had absolutely no advantage whatsoever, I slowly slipped my left hand into my pocket careful not to make any sound.

"We meet again, Red Queen. " a voice behind me murmured. Stupid move. Now I know it's not some amateur who was after me and my friends and who hurt Juvia. That means I don't have to hold back, since the only people who knew me by that name were street rats and mafia. None of them worth much.

"Who are you?" I asked. Where in hell did I put that pocket knife?

"You don't remember? " he sounded really hurt. I wracked my brain for who that could be. "Last time we met you almost killed me." That could be anyone. "I tried to buy your land."

Ah. The creep.

"Then you had me wrapped in your net, looking ar me like I was the ugliest insect your eyes ever fell on" He continued when I kept silent. "But look how easily tables switch."

"Just because you have a knife on my throat doesn't mean your status as an insect changed." He gripped the knife and pulled it closer. I felt a small line of blood tickle down from the burning wound, but I ignored it as my fingers finally wrapped around the wooden hand of the sharp object. Moving my hand carefully,  I streched my hand forward but before he could comprehend what was happening, my knife was already in his arm and I heard his grunt of pain that was soon followed with a sound of knife hitting the branch and then softly falling on the bush.

I jumbed back and climbed to my feet, pressing my hand against my throat so the blood wouldn't stain my tracksuit. I was,after all, very fond of it.

I looked as the tall person in front of me pulled my pocket knife out of his hand and let it fall on the ground too. I noticed he wasn't that skiny brat- like guy anymore, his muscles were toned now and he appeared bigger than all those months back. I would stand no chance in one on one fight, not with a weak body that I possessed now, yhe strength I used to have gone due to neglecting physical activity. I wanted to leave all behind and I thought starting with my appearance was a good idea, but everything just hunted me.

I still kept in contact with Carmen since she was my best friend, and contrary to popular belief ,she was nice, kind and most of all loyal once you got to know her. If she allowed it.

And now here I was, with no weapons and with a body that could belong to any teenage girl who looked at the gym and dirtying her hands with utter disgust, unable to do absolutely anything. I guess I deserved this after I tried to cowardly run away.

Yeah, no more of any of that.

Glancing at the ground, then back at the creep, I thought about what the best plan at the moment was. But before I could decide, a shadow swung near his neck and before I knew it, he was falling down. Expecting to see Carmen, I was surprised when my eyes met with unfamiliar blue ones. A person who couldn't of been older that twenty five stared at me, his face only slightly illuminated with a small lighted object that danced near his left eye.

"Who are you?" I asked for the second time in the last fifteen to twenty minutes.

The man chuckled as his finger played with a strand of his almost white hair. "It seems I am not the only one pursuing you, little Erza Scarlet. "He stated instead of actually answering. But that alone was the answer enough.

"Are you the one who hurt Juvia?" My voice was cold as I made a step towards him. He seemed genuinely surprised.

"You don't seem scared. How weird. I thought your kind headmaster explained some was after you."

I looked at him, bored. "You expected me to start screaming and calling for help? Beg you to oh so please don't hurt me? "

He raised his eyebrows"You know, I should be the one asking: ' who the hell are you ,Erza Scarlet? " 

"To your lowlife eyes I am a poor little fragile girl. Let's stay at that then."

He was about to speak something again but had to jump away as a hand lunched towards him. Carmen. Barley dodging a few more moves, he said ' We'll meet again ' and jumped to the ground, his little lamp or whatever that thing was engulfing in darkness.

"I see you finally noticed." I said, sat down and zoned her voice and her hands out as she treated my neck. I was aware that Jellal came and some point too, but my gaze was fixated on the starry sky.

Why couldn't I be free and left alone, with no worries but my make up and boys?

This world was no fair.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Heey how are you doing? ~

Short chap I know but I needed to end it here. Btw who else wants Greg dead?

Oh and what do you think happened to Erza to leave the street life so suddenly? I mean who would leave their empire to rot for jo reason?

Have a nice day ♡