Chapter 14

Erza's P.O.V

I sighed as I made my way to the principal's office. My hair probably looked like a bird's nest by now, having ran my hand through it too many times.

It was hard to decide which of the emotions wreaking havoc in me was the strongest, but I guess picking tiredness wouldn't be a mistake.

I was sad also, not in the terrified and panicked way, but more In a sense of not being able to keep on the blushing and kind act. I had a second chance, and I decided I would use it to be normal, but the seconds always have a scent of the firsts lingering on them. I was stupid I could start from zero when I had been head over heels in minus before.

Still I wondered how to handle the situation. Maybe the cover hasn't been blown completely,  maybe I can lie and make an excuse.

But it wasn't me.

The doors were slightly ajar and I pushed them open so I could enter. The room was illuminated with a few table lamps, the light they provided more than enough to make out the small room that was the office. Ghost like reflections made their appearance on the windows.

"I believe I was summoned. " I said, noting the surprised expressions on their faces at my coldness. The only person whose jaw wasn't on the floor was Jellal.

Figures.

His eyes were wary in a way, like he still wasn't sure which part of me to believe was the real one. If I haven't overestimated him, he already knows.

"Yes you were Erza. Please take a seat. " said the principal. I complied as I sat on the only available chair, Jellal to my left and Carmen to my right.

My eyes quickly swept over the party in the left corner of the room. Natsu, Gajeel,  Levy and Lucy. I was a bit sad Juvia wasn't here, but it didn't surprise me as she couldn't of gotten well in such a short period of time.

It was expected.

"Jellal was keen on letting you rest until tomorrow and then having a meeting without you, but with the information I was provided I found it legit that we all have a conversation about tonight's events."

I shot Jellal a glare but he ignored it as he looked at the principal, clearly irritated he made that statement.

"Unfortunately. " added the principal, not missing Jellal's look but not giving it any mind either. "Juvia and Gray won't be joining us even though they are also involved in what we will discuss. Now Erza, care to tell us what happened tonight? "

The small injury on my neck stung, but I refused pain killers the nurse had offered me so I hsd absolutely no right to comment on it. "I was bored from their arguing, so I climbed a tree to see how long will they need to realise I wasn't there anymore."

"You climbed a tree? But those things barely have branches near the bottom! " Natsu argued.

I shrugged. How do you explain that climbing a branch less tree was nothing compared to climbing up walls while bullets are barely missing you and robbing you of your life to someone who never lived like that?

"Anyway, I was there for some time but then came someone I met in the past and put a knife under my throat. " I heard sharp intakes of breath but ignored them as I continued. "I was about to fight him off completely- i escaped his grip- when another one appeared and did that for me. The one you said was pursuing us."

I didn't explain in details because there were girls here, and although they weren't weak, most of them get disgusted when faced with injuries and blood, and they would be stunned to say the least if I told them what I did to Greg.