Chapter 15

There was a knock on the door and I just shouted for whoever it was to enter,not bothering to stand up from where I was sitting cross legged on my bed. The door opened and only when I heard them slam did I look up. And what do you know,Jellal was standing there leaning on the door like he owed the room.

"What do you want?"I went back to my chemistry homework,not giving him a second glance. His trip here was surprising,but I expected his visit sooner or later. Everyone took the liberty of asking a thousand questions,but he avoided me like the plague and if I wasn't sitting beside him in some classes I wouldn't even know he was there. It's already been a week since the incident,and on my request I have been excused from most school activities so,as I justified it,I could relax my brain.

Ignoring the I-don't-want-to-talk vibe I was giving away, he sat next to me." Sorry I haven't complied a formal request for an audience, your majesty." To my surprise, his voice didn't sound remotely sarcastic. It was blank like someone had taken a rubber and cleared all emotion.

"You didn't answer my question. "
"Neither have you."

"First,you didn't pose one. Second,if you're going to play word games you might as well leave. I have dozens formulas waiting to be absorbed into my brain. "

"Why won't you just tell me who you are? I am not playing at anything here, I am asking a simple question. Is that too much?"

"The question may be simple but the answer is way too complicated, and you have no right to ask of me to reveal personal information." I put the notebook aside." They all asked me the same thing and got no answers. You aren't entitled to them either. "

"I guess not. Just another curious mind asking annoying questions and prying. But I actually came here on another note. Do you want to go to the theatre? "

I narrowed my eyes." What?"

"Theatre. Dubois theatre."

"You're kidding right?"

"You don't like theatres?" I was confused to the moon and back. Theatre? What?

"I got attacked by an assassin a week ago, I openly confessed to knowing the king of underground, told the headmaster he stood no chance, you still have no idea who I am and you want to go to the theatre? There is something wrong with your head."

He rolled his and threw a stash of papers in front of me I didn't even see he was holding.

I picked them up and went through it, but even though I only glanced at the papers it didn't take long to figure it was a biography of Fimbley Dorchester , from his young age of nine up to a few years ago, when they lost all trace of him.

"You have Fimbley's life all packed up into a little story, that I can already tell you is not even half of what I know of him and barely a sand grain of what he in fact did. And?"

"And, if you know so much about him, you'd know his favourite theatre is the Dubois theathe, where he, by a lucky coincidence, will be spending his night at."

The end of my mouth titled up in a mocking manner. "You'd have absolutely no way of knowing that. It's just a guess. "

"You want to waste the chance to overhear what he's up to or possibly even talk to him? It may or may not be true, but just because we don't know which one it is doesn't necessarily make it false."

"Jellal, if you want to go out with me, just ask so I can say no and we can move on with our lives. Using Fimbley as an excuse is thoughtfully pathetic. "

He laughed, but it wasn't particularly warm ,and stood up:" if I wanted to date a killer, I'd certainly look for someone less deadly and involved in all of this."

I took my chemistry homework from beside me and put it on my lap,my pen in hand. " Then I'm glad we're on the same page. "

"Main hall, 7 o'clock.  Don't be late. No need to tell you the theatre is high class, correct?"

"Correct."

He walked to the door and opened them, but just as he was about to pass through I called out:"Jellal."

He only turned his head around:"Yes?"

I lifted the Fimbley bio 101,as I named it, and threw it at Jellal. He caught it halfway to the ground.

"Next time try harder to impress. " I added, and he was gone, the door closed and myself left to wander yet again in waters of chemistry.

#####

Oh dear it's been so long.... I know it's short I will publish another by the end of the week. Thanks for believing in me and not giving up ☆ ~Love, Kat