Chapter 2: What's Happened?

The battle was finally here. Once the Cullens took their places, we transformed into our wolf form. We soon heard yelling coming from the battlefield.

"Let's go!" Sam said, telepathically. 

We all jumped out from the rocks and began to kill the newborns from left to right. We worked together with the Cullens to kill them. I ripped off their heads and I worked with Esme and Carlisle to kill them.

I saw Jake enter the battlefield and I ran over to him.

"Where is Bella?"

"She's safe up in the mountain with Edward and Seth." He replied.

"I'm going up."

Before Jake could say anything, I took off towards the mountain. Once I reached the mountain, I found Edward and Seth struggling to kill Victoria and the other named Riley.

I joined in, however Victoria kicked me causing me to fall back and hit a tree nearby. Bella then grabbed rocks and cut her skin as a distraction. Smart Bella.

I then grabbed Riley along with Seth and together we finished him off. After Edward killed Victoria, we all returned to the forest where the others were. Jake and the others were searching for hidden newborns. There was one newborn left and it popped out of nowhere. Leah went to attack and as she did, Edward yelled out. "Leah no!"

She was struggling, and Jake and I both saw this. Jake was about to attack, when I said telepathically, "Jake I got this."

I growled before charging at the newborn. I tackled him and he ended up on the ground, however he quickly got up. I tried to bite off his head, however he was too quick and he dodged all my attacks.

He then grabbed my back and bit into my fur, causing me to wince. I yelped out as I changed back to my human form. The others killed the newborn in an instant.

"Melody!" Jake and Bella yelled out.

"Oh my! Melody!" Chloe cried out.

"Melody, why did you do that?" Leah asked. "I had him-"

"Leah!" Sam scolded. "My own sister risked her life to save you, please don't start."

Leah merely narrowed her eyes at Sam before she turned back to me. She gave me an apologetic look and she patted my hand.

"You'll make it." She said. "You're one tough girl."

"Thanks Leah." I managed to say, before groaning from the pain.

Carlisle and Edward came over along with Bella. Carlisle examined my wounds as Edward assured me that I'd be alright.

"She's got a few broken bones and it seems like the venom is spreading." Carlisle explained.

I grew very nervous. What does that mean?

"It means that you're going to live as long as Carlisle cures you." Edward said. "Don't worry he'll take good care of you, Melody."

"So she'll live?" Chloe asked.

"Of course, but she'll be in pain." Carlisle replied.

"The pack have to leave." Edward then said. "Alice said they'd be coming soon."

"We'll take her to our house." Sam said.

"Great, I'll be there as soon as I can." Carlisle assured us.

I continued to groan in pain as Sam and the others picked me up and carried me to my house. We went through the back door and luckily mom wasn't home yet.