Chapter 14: The Truth Is Out

The next day after breakfast, I was walking through the gardens when Sam came over to me.

"Taking a morning stroll?" He asked.

"Yeah, I thought why not." I replied.

We walked in silence until we reached a balcony where we both stopped at. He then blurted out that Emily was staying here in Rivendell.

"What?!" I asked. "Why?"

"It's not safe for her." He explained. "And I can't keep my eyes on her all the time. Besides she's pregnant."

"Congrats!" I exclaimed. "How long? I can't wait to be an aunt!"

"She is just a few weeks or that's what the healers told us." Sam said with a smile. "I can't wait to be a father. But I must come along with you guys."

"You don't have to."

"But I must keep my eye on my two sisters." He argued. "Don't think I haven't noticed how you look at Thorin just like Chloe looks at Bilbo."

My face heated up and I could felt nervous as I realized that Sam was beginning to notice what I've been hiding. He already knew of Chloe's imprinting and with mine he's going to lose it.

"So what's going on?"

"What do you mean?" I asked innocently.

"You know exactly what I mean!" Sam snapped. "So tell me now or I'll ask you in front of the entire company."

I huffed out a sigh before replying. "Alright I'll tell you, just don't get angry. Chloe wasn't the only one who imprinted..."

"What?! Who did you imprint? Tell me at this instant?"

"You imprinted?" I heard Chloe's voice.

Soon enough she joined us and I groaned. There's no way out of this. Sam demanded me to tell him once again and out of fear of him losing control I quickly blurted out. "Alright! Thorin, he's the one I imprinted on."

"I'm going to kill him!" Sam growled.

Oh no. We tried calming him down, however it did not work. Sam changed in a wolf and made his way to Thorin. Chloe and I trailed right behind him. I hope Sam doesn't harm Thorin.

I then spotted Thorin with Dwalin near the fountains. They both turned towards us and their eyes widened when they saw Sam charging towards them.

I ran as quickly as I could and just before Sam could touch them, I placed force fields around them. Once he noticed this Sam turned to me with a snarl.

"You won't harm them." I said with a confident tone. "Not while I'm still around."

"What's going on?" Thorin asked.

"Please tell me it's not another family feud." Dwalin said as he rubbed his forehead.

"It's something of the sort." I replied.

"He's planning on coming our way." Chloe observed.

With that we both changed into wolves and charged towards Sam. Sam tackled Chloe to the ground. I used that time to creep up and tackle him to the ground. I avoided his sharp bites and claws that he tried hitting me with. Chloe was still on the ground under Sam's weight.

"I can't believe you imprinted on him! The dwarf King." Sam sneered. "Out of all people it had to be him."

"You know I can't control it." I reminded him. "No one can control it, Sam. It's like a soulmate thing."