Chapter 5: Defending the Cullens

The weeks went by and one day, Jake came out crying on the front porch. We all ran over to him to find out what was happening. 

"Bella, she didn't make it." He cried.

I stood there shocked and surprised. Jake went back inside, feeling completely destroyed. I couldn't believe it...I refused to believe it.

Edward walked out with blood all over his blue shirt. Jasper and Alice were with him. I stormed over to them, fighting back tears.

"Tell me it isn't true." I said. "Tell me that she's going to be alright...that she's alive."

"I'm sorry Melody, I know how much you cared for her." Edward said.

"We tried everything, Melody." Alice added. "We just weren't able to do anything else."

We heard then growling, and I turned to see Sam and his pack. Edward read my thoughts. "It's Sam."

"They're too many of them." Jasper commented.

"I'm not going to let them hurt my family." Edward defended.

"And we'll help you." I assured Edward.

I then transformed into my wolf form and I began to defend the Cullens. Carlisle and the other vampires arrived. Paul was about to attack Carlisle, when I arrived just in time to tackle Paul. He tried to bite me, however I avoided his attacks. I swung my paw and it hit Paul's face, which caused him to fall back.

Jake soon arrived and informed Sam that he imprinted on the hybrid, Bella's and Edward's child. We were completely shocked by this.

"It is the most important law, Sam." I argued. "You know that."

"How could you Jake?" Paul asked. "Imprint on a hybrid sounds repulsive."

"Shut up!" Jake spat.

"Mind you he has no control over imprinting." Chloe reminded him. "None of us do."

Sam eventually backed away. "Come on guys. Let's go home."

"But-" Colin began.

"Now!" Sam ordered.

With that they all left, leaving us alone with the Cullens. I turned to Edward to see that he was devastated. Poor Edward... I hope Bella isn't dead.

The days went by and I was introduced to Renesmee. She was definitely unique alright, but in a good way. She was gifted and Jake seemed very connected to her.

Bella woke up three days later and boy was I glad to see her. She was happy until she discovered what Jake had been trying to hide. Bella was furious when she found out Jake imprinted on Renesmee. She accidentally hurt Seth and I stepped in.

"Bella, calm down." I said. "You're not the same anymore, which means you're strength has increased."

"That's what we get for trying to help the leech lover." Chloe scoffed.

I groaned as Bella stormed over to Chloe with a pissed off expression. She clenched her fists as she spoke. "First of all they're vampires not leeches. And second of all nobody asked for you to help, so you can leave."

"I left Sam's pack the same reason Jake and the others here did." Chloe spat. "My brother was going to kill all of you, including your precious child. I knew that wasn't a good move."

"Alright Bella, why don't we go back to Edward?" I suggested.

Bella nodded. "You have a point. Thanks Melody."

Bella returned to the Cullens and I whipped around to scold Chloe. She already knew what was coming as she sighed.

"Why?"

"She hurt Seth." Chloe defended.

"And that gives you the right to insult her husband and his family?" I asked. "Listen Chloe you're here to protect them. So as long as you're here you have to be nice to all of the Cullens."

Before Chloe could protest, Jake spoke up. "She's right. You can't insult them. Leah is trying her damn hardest and she hasn't said one bad thing about them."

"Fine." Chloe groaned. "I'll try. But I said I would try my damn hardest, alright?"

"Better than nothing." Seth pointed out.

Chloe shot him a look and Seth immediately shut his mouth. I chuckled. "This is going to be interesting..."

Jake smirked. "Yes, I don't think Chloe can last for long."

Chloe growled as she made her way towards Leah. "You'll see. I'll surprise you, all of you. You'll see."