Chapter 8: Adventure's Out There

We all walked down the hallway and Gandalf was the one to open the door. The door opened to reveal a man with raven long black hair which was in braids like his beard.

He wore a fur coat along with several garments. His cold blue eyes scanned the room as he entered. He was very handsome.

"Gandalf, I thought you said this place would be easy to find." The man said as he walked in. "Lost my way twice. I wouldn't have found it at all had it not been for the mark on the door."

"Mark?" Bilbo asked. "There's no mark on that door. It was painted a week ago."

"There is a mark. I did it myself." Gandalf explained. "Bilbo Baggins allow you to introduce the leader of our company, Thorin Oakshield."

"So this is the hobbit?" Thorin asked. "Tell me Mr. Baggins have you done much fighting?"

"Pardon me?" Bilbo asked.

"I saw a sword." He explained.

"Well I have some skills." Bilbo shrugged. "If you must know, but I fail to see how that's relevant."

"Thought as much." Thorin muttered. "He doesn't look like a bulgar."

His eyes locked with mine and I felt as though I were pulled towards him. It no longer felt that I was attracted and bound by gravity, but now it was towards him.

I saw Thorin and me in the forest, running side by side with smiles on our faces. We held hands as we looked at each other. We were then in a huge castle with crowns on our heads. We were surrounded by three or four little children in a beautiful garden. I bent down and they all pulled in for hugs. Thorin wrapped an arm around my waist as I picked two of them up.

Gravity is no longer the thing that's holding me, it's now Thorin that I'm pulled towards. Thorin is the one I must protect if he is in any trouble.

I averted my eyes from his gaze and I felt so weak that I sat down on a nearby chair. Sam, Emily, and Chloe immediately rushed over. I just imprinted on Thorin.

"You alright?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I muttered as I placed a hand on my head. "I just need to sit down."

"And who are they?" Thorin asked.

Before Gandalf could say anything, Sam spoke up, turning to face Thorin.

"I am Sam Uley. This here is my wife, Emily." Sam replied as he cautiously observed Thorin. "And these are my sisters, Chloe and Melody."

"Are they joining us?" Thorin asked Gandalf.

"Can we?" Chloe asked.

"Of course. The more the merrier." Gandalf replied with a kind smile.

"Who said we were joining?" Sam asked.

"What's the matter?" Thorin asked Sam as he walked towards him. "Afraid that you won't make it out alive?"

"I've never been afraid of anything." He said, controlling his anger. "My sisters and I are stronger than you think."

"Calm down Sam." Emily spoke in a calm voice.

"I wouldn't anger them, Thorin." Bilbo advised him. "They're not what they seem."

Thorin chuckled. "That's fresh coming from you, hobbit. So what? Are you four in or not?"

Sam glanced over at us and we all nodded. Emily placed her hand on top of Sam's. Sam smiled at her before turning his attention back to Thorin.