Chapter 9: Early Fights in the Morning

"You can't just leave!" 

"I can if I fucking want to!" 

I heard my parents arguing back and forth. We were upstairs in Sam's room. We felt helpless when this sort of thing happened. I crept down the stairs to see mom and dad in the living room.

"It's just too much, Allison." Dad explained. "I can't take it anymore."

"So what? You're just giving up?" Mom asked as she crossed her arms. "You're going to leave our children and me alone?"

Dad thought for a while before replying. "I guess I'm going to have to do that."

"Daddy no!" I cried as I ran towards him.

He ignored me as he pushed me aside, causing me to fall to the ground. Mom ran over to me and hugged me as we watched dad leave out of the house and never come back.

"Melody."

"No, give me five more minutes." I groaned.

I felt someone shaking me, however I pulled a blanket over my head. I couldn't tell if it was Sam or Chloe, but I just wanted to sleep in for once.

Just then I felt ice cold water land all over me. I shrieked as I jumped out of the couch. I turned to see Thorin, smirking as he glanced over at me. The others dwarves were trying not to laugh. So it wasn't a dream...this is real. This is actually happening.

"You." I said as calmly as I could. "You did that."

"Guilty as charged." Thorin chuckled.

"Couldn't think of another way to get me up?" I asked.

"Well it wouldn't have been as fun." He commented.

"What's going on?" Sam asked as he walked into the living room. Once he saw me drenched he stormed over to Thorin. "What happened?"

"She wouldn't wake up." Thorin explained. "So I dumped water on her."

"Ice cold water." I corrected him.

Sam growled as he stood before me. "Do not mess with my family or you'll pay a high price."

"Relax, it was a mere joke." Fili assured Sam.

"A joke." Sam sneered. "Right, just a joke."

"Relax Sam, they meant no harm." I assured him.

"Yeah, they mean no harm." Emily repeated.

If anyone one of us could calm down and convince Sam it would be Emily. Chloe then came into the living room with a piece of meat in her hands.

"What did I miss?" She asked.

"Do you ever stop eating?" Sam asked her.

"Hey, it's not my fault I have a fast metabolism." Chloe defended.

I snickered. "Right, a fast metabolism is what it is."

Chloe slapped my arm and I tackled her. We began to fool around, tackling each other until we fell to the ground.

"They're just like Fili and Kili." A dwarf named Bofur muttered.