Chapter 40: Farewell

The next day after a breakfast feast, the pack approached Thorin, Chloe, Bilbo, my children, and me along with Gandalf.

"We're here to say our final goodbyes." Jake said.

"What do you mean?" I inquired.

"Our purpose here is done, and we have lives awaiting for us back in Forks." Sam explained. "We can't leave all those people without protection...they need us. I'll be travelling to Rivendell first to get Emily and our new son."

"Are you all leaving?" Chloe inquired.

"No, I'm staying behind." Leah said.

"So am I." Embry added.

"And so am I." Seth added.

"Seth?" Leah inquired, bewildered. "I thought you said you were going back to Forks?"

"I was..." He trailed off as he glanced over at a group of female elves. "But I imprinted on on of them."

"What's her name?" I asked.

"I think it was Tauriel? I'm no so sure." Seth said as he pointed towards the red haired female. "She's over there."

That's the one Kili liked. My jaw dropped while Thorin chuckled. "Your friends are quite amusing."

"It's time." Gandalf then said to the pack members.

With that I gave them each long hugs, and I tried not to cry as I watched them walk out of the hall with Gandalf. Sam stayed behind since he was going to Rivendell with Gandalf, Bilbo, and Chloe. They would be leaving soon. Thorin wrapped an arm around my waist as he pulled me closer towards him.

"It's alright, amrâlimê." Thorin assured me. "It'll be alright."

"They all won't be leaving." Leah reminded me. "You'll still have Embry, Seth, and me."

"Yeah, we won't leave you." Embry added. "You're stuck with us."

"And I wouldn't have it either way." I confessed.

~17 Years Later~
"Are we there yet?" Thror asked.

"Relax, we're almost there." Thorin replied.

We were riding on ponies, and currently we were on our way to Bag's End in the Shire where Bilbo, Chloe, and their five children lived. Their children were named Bungo, Meadow, Fiona, Griffon, and Rufus. Bungo was sixteen years old, while Meadow was fourteen, Fiona was thirteen, and Griffon and Rufus were twin boys, who were eleven years old. They also took in Bilbo's nephew, Frodo Baggins.

Thorin and I had four children in total, Thror, Levi, and Allison were seventeen, while Rose was thirteen years old. All four of my children inherited my powers that I gained after being bitten by a vampire. Thror, Levi, and Allison had begun to shape-shift, which frightened Thorin the first time they shape-shifted.

Embry and Sigrid had gotten married, and had two children. Tiffany was fifteen, while Sam was twelve years old. Leah and Bard had also gotten married, and they had a son named Harry. Harry was around sixteen years old.

Lastly, Seth and Tauriel fell in love with each, eventually getting married. They had a daughter named Sue and she was the equivalence of a fourteen year old human.

We would all meet at Bag's End to have a feast outside, since not all of us would fit inside. We finally arrived, knocking on the door.

The door opened to reveal Chloe and as soon as she saw us, her smile widened at once.

"Melody!" Chloe exclaimed as she gave me a hug. "You're just in time for supper."

"Do you have enough for us?"

We turned around to see Bard, Leah, Tilda, Bain, Harry, Sigrid, Embry, Tiffany, Sam, Seth, Tauriel, and Sue.

"Oh wow." Chloe said, taken back. "Bilbo?!"

"What is it, dear?"

He walked towards the door and spotted us at once. He immediately greeted all of us with a warm smile just like old times.

"Good to see you again, Bilbo." Thorin said.

"Well, uh, I would invite you all in, but I'm afraid I don't have enough room inside." Bilbo commented.

"Why don't we eat outside then? It'll be like a family picnic." I suggested.

"Sounds wonderful!" Bilbo replied. "I'll get chairs, blankets, and other necessities."

"And I'll get the food." Chloe added.

With that, they rushed back inside. Bilbo and Chloe brought out the food, chairs, tables, and blankets. As soon as they finished bringing the stuff out, Frodo, Bungo, Meadow, Fiona, Griffon, and Rufus all walked out of Bag's end and greeted us.

Once we all greeted each other, we began to eat. As we ate, we exchanged stories and laughed just like the good old days. As I looked around I realized that there's no place I'd rather be, I was surrounded by family and friends.

There were times when I missed Sam, but Chloe assured me that what he's doing is for the greater good. I now finally have a place where I truly belong, and I realize that it's by Thorin's side. I couldn't be any happier.

✨Fin✨

Thanks to all my readers, especially to those who voted and commented! I hope you enjoyed this book and be sure to check out my other stories. Thanks again!
-A.M.