Chapter 31: The Babies?

My eyes fluttered open to see Thorin no longer at my side. I quickly dressed in my clothes before walking through the halls to find the others.

I reached the rooms filled with gold and other jewels. I couldn't believe the amount of gold that was in here. I saw Thorin with fur coats and royal robes on with his crown. The entire company was searching the arkenstone, even Fili, Kili, and the others who returned.

"Find it!" Thorin ordered. "No one rests until we find it."

"We've been searching for it, Thorin." Dwalin replied. "But we can't find it."

"Then keep looking." Thorin retorted.

I walked over to Fili and Kili. Kili looked brand new, walking around with ease.

"Fili, Kili, what happened?" I asked. "The dragon I heard is in Laketown."

"He was in Laketown before the man Bard killed him." Fili explained.

I felt relieved that the people were fine, however what about their homes and what not?

"Melody!"

Chloe and Sam walked towards me, giving me hugs. I'm so glad to see them again.

"Chloe, Sam. I'm so glad to see you guys again." I said as I pulled away from their hugs.

"You too." Sam replied. "Listen I think we should leave..."

"Why?" I asked. "I could never, it would cause me to much grief and pain."

"Yes, but Smaug, the dragon told me that he was tempted into allowing us to take the arkenstone." Chloe explained. "Just so Thorin would suffer to death."

The sickness, the arkenstone. If he found it things would be worse. But I can't leave Thorin, not now when he needs me the most.

"I can't leave. He needs me more than ever." I argued. "I can help him with this sickness."

"And if you can't?" Sam asked. "Then what?"

"Why have you two stopped searching for the arkenstone!" Thorin's booming voice reached our ears. 

Thorin stormed over towards us with a scowl on his face. He scared me when he was angry.

"Forgive me, my love. I was just talking to them. I hadn't seen them since they faced Smaug." I reminded him, averting my eyes from his gaze.

"Tsk, alright fine. But these two better return to searching my jewel." Thorin advised. "And as for you, amrâlimê, you need to rest. Return to our chambers."

Just as I was about to object, Sam spoke up. "I think that is the best you can do, sis. Who knows when you'll have the baby."

So with that I returned to our room. However I quickly grew bored as there was nothing to do.

The days past and Thorin grew more cruel and demanding, however he remained caring and loving towards me.

One day I had enough of being in the room so I went out into the halls. I walked into what looked like the throne room to see Thorin on his throne, yelling at Dwalin and Balin while Bilbo and Chloe just awkwardly stood there off to the side.

"AM I NOT THE KING?!" Thorin yelled.

That's where I lost it. Why should he doubt the loyalty of his company and harm them?

"That's enough Thorin!" I shouted.

Balin had a look as though to say don't do anything rash. They all merely watched as I stormed over towards Thorin.