Chapter 6

Mark's POV

I staggered out of the pink portal, looking down at the gravel in my hands. Why did I keep grabbing things from these worlds? Why do I feel like they're important. I sat on the ground and pulled a water bottle from my bag. Quickly emptying it, I shook out the extra droplets of water and poured in the alley's gravel. As I look up to see where I am. I get the feeling that I'm not in my dimension just yet. I look around and see two familiar faces. Cry and Felix, two of my closet Let's Player friends.

"Felix! Cry!" I shouted, jumping up from my seated position to run over to them. Felix turned to look at me, and as quickly as I had started running, I stopped. Why is Felix wearing Cry's mask?! "Ummm, Felix?" I walked towards them as Cry turned as well. "Oh, hi Mark," he said, his voice too excited to be my Cry. And he wasn't wearing a mask! Cry smiled at me, his blue eyes shining in the afternoon sun. "Oh, hi Mark," Felix said in a calm, low voice. "What... what is with you guys? Cry, why is Felix wearing your mask?"

Felix frowned, though I couldn't see his eyes behind the white poker face. "This is my mask, Mark..." Cry nodded, brown hair flying over his eyes. "Yeah, it is!" I looked closer at them. Felix was wearing a dark green hoodie and black jeans. Cry wore a pink polo shirt and a matching pair of headphones.

"You guys... you're switched..." I slowly backed up. My head spun as I thought. If Felix and Cry are switched, then... who else is?!

Cry's POV

I looked over at my masked friend, a confused grin working its way onto my face. "What's with Mark?" Felix just shrugged. "He's acting weird, and really calm." The Swede shrugged softly, tugging at the white poker face mask he wore. "Maybe he's just stressed today, friend." I looked back at Mark as he walked away, shaking his head. "Yeah, maybe."

Mark's POV

I pulled out my phone. Cry and Felix are like polar opposites, Felix is loud and friendly, Cry is softer and more reserved. So, they are switched in this world. I wonder who else is. I looked up to see the cafe that I had seen in the other universe. I began to walk in, the smell of coffee hitting me like a wave of nostalgia. I walked to the counter and ordered a large, strong coffee.

I sat in the corner of the cafe, placing the cup in front of me while opening my YouTube app. Maybe some other Tubers are switched, I thought, typing in some familiar names. "PewDiePie" came up with hour long Let's Plays, while "Cryaotic" gave me silly five minute videos with the most ridiculous, click-baity titles.

What about Smosh? I thought, typing in their names. Wow, this is trippy. What about... I looked at the screen, my hand actually started shaking. What about me? I typed my name in slowly. M-A-R-K-I-P-L-I-E-R. The first video to pop up was titled "MERRY BOSSMAS! | Happy Wheels - Part 86". I don't play Happy Wheels that often. I clicked the video, swearing at myself for not bringing ear buds with me. I'll just listen to it softly.

That was a mistake.

"TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA LADDIES! MY NAME IS MARKIPLIER AND WELCOME TO HAPPY WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!"

I quickly shut the volume off of my phone and gave the people around me an apologetic look. That was loud. Holy shit. I looked at all of the videos put out on the channel, and it was pretty obvious who I was switched with. I just had to double check.

J-A-C-K-S-E-P-T-I-C-E-Y-E

"Jacksepticeye in the Hospital" was the first video to pop up. I knew it was supposed to be a reverse if the video I made, informing my fans that I was in the hospital, going to get surgery, but I couldn't help but feel worried. Is Jack okay? Did his surgery go okay? I clicked onto "recently uploaded" and let out a sigh, there was one he had just put an hour ago, "Five Nights at Freddy's 4 Reaction Compilation".

This is ridiculous, I shouldn't be this worried. It's not like he's my Jack. I found myself shaking my head, laughing at myself. He's not my Jack. He's everyone's Jack, Mark you idiot. I stood up, deciding to leave. I really should be getting home too. I grabbed my bag, and tossed the untouched drink into a trash can.

I walked out, looking for a place to leave. I looked down at the P.O.O.F. gun, and noticed something. A little screen on the handle with the coordinates for this world, I'm guessing. Right under that was a selected box, labeled "Random Destination". My heart sunk in my chest. What were the coordinates for my world? How am I supposed to go back? Am I stuck here? I shook my head, trying to get past the not in my stomach. I pointed the gun at the side wall of the cafe and shot.

Nothing.

I shot again, a bit of panic in my chest.

Nothing.

Nothing?

My back hit the wall, and I slid down to the gravel floor. I looked at the gun's little screen again. Low power. I pulled my knees up to my chest. "No... Nononononono." I shook my head, but it wasn't working. I was stuck. I didn't have a way to get home. I...

"Are ya okay down there?"