Chapter 5

A/N This is more of a filler chapter, a real chapter is coming soon! Enjoy :D

I opened the doors to the orphanage slowly and quietly as to not wake up anybody who was still asleep. The main room was seemingly empty, so I ventured down the long and dimly lit hallway to the left side of the building to the girls dorm. With each step there was a soft creaking of the floorboards as the wooden structure was getting older. I found the door to my room and opened it with a slight push. I looked to the back of the room and saw my bare and unmade bed.

I also saw Hanji bundled up in the white covers of her bed. A look of confusion was written across her face. I walked toward her slowly and sat on my own bed. I admired Hanji's resting face. She looked different without glasses and was much more peaceful, as she wasn't babbling on about something titan related. Her broken glasses lay on the wooden bed-side table and her hair covered a quarter of her face. She seemed to be mumbling in her sleep. Her lips came together and then widening slightly.

She was mouthing the word 'Mia'.

Once I realised that she was having a mild nightmare I walked over to her bed and shook her shoulders gently to make sure that she didn't wake up with such a fright. She stirred lightly then her eyes slid open. Once she adjusted to the light, she reached for her glasses.

"Mia! I was sooooo worried about yoooou! Where did you go?! I didn't think you were coming back!" She quietly screamed.

"It's okay Hanji, I'm fine." I chuckled. She through her arms around me. That was the second hug I got that day. I wasn't accustomed to hugs as the only people who ever hugged me were my parents and my brother. Today I had already hugged a boy and now I was hugging Hanji. I slightly blushed at the thought of Levi and returned the embrace. She squeezed me tightly for about five seconds and then let go.

"You're blushing!" She mocked. This just made me blush more.

"Yeah so..." I said.

"What happed last night? Did someone abduct you? Who are you thinking about?" She bombarded me with questions.

"A boy let me stay at his house in the underground last night. That is who I was thinking about and no I wasn't abducted." I answered her truthfully. Hanji raised a sleepy eyebrow at me.

"A boy?!" She questioned me, meaning 'Tell me more'.

"Yes a boy. He is fifteen, has grey eyes, black hair styled into an undercut, and his name is Levi." I informed her.

For about an hour Hanji asked me endless questions about Levi, the underground, how I got lost, and how I was.

"And I'm going to go and see him again, so he can teach me self-defence." I finished off. Hanji just looked at me and smiled like an idiot.

"Mia's got a boyfriend! Mia's got a boyfriend!" She cheered quietly. My cheeks were now glowing red.

"Hanjiiiii!" I wined as I hid my face in a pillow.

"Well do you like him?" She said. I hadn't thought about this until Hanji brought it up. I did like him, but I wasn't sure that he liked me back.

"Yeah, but he won't like me back. I'm just a crying kid." I mumbled into the fabric. She put a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Of course he likes you back, he said he was going to teach you, plus what's not to like?" She said.

I smiled at her and looked at the clock that hung above the door. It was time for breakfast. I stood up and linked my arm with Hanji. We skipped off into the dining hall together with the largest and most cheesy grins on ours faces that we could muster.