Chapter 17

Time had passed since we got back from our first expedition. I was now thirty-five and Levi was thirty-eight. We grew closer and closer to each other each passing day and I was now in a better place than I had ever been. Farlan's passing still lingered in my mind, but I learned to deal with it. The Survey Corps organised a memorial service for all of the fallen soldiers that day. I frequently visited Farlan's tomb and talked to him, informing him of my life and how I was doing. There was never a day that went by that I didn't think about him, but I knew he was better where he was and I accepted that.

Hanji was still as crazy as ever, as she had recently captured two titans with the help of our squad. She named them Sonny and Bean and they were all she ever talked about. She seemed so excited because she could now run tests on them to find out more about their species. The reason she was able to catch them was because of the discovery of the body from a woman that was killed in the Survey Corps, much before Levi and I joined. She said that the woman dropped a journal that contained vital information about a speaking titan. I had never seen Hanji so enthusiastic about anything before.

A couple of weeks after our first expedition outside the walls, I began writing to my brother. He seemed to be doing well and had managed to get himself a girlfriend. I couldn't be happier for him. I also informed him of my relationship with Levi and told him that he no longer had to worry about me. He seemed relieved.

Levi was now one of the highest ranking soldiers in the Survey Corps. He was right behind Commander Erwin. I on the other hand, was fifteen ranks below Levi. I was strong, but could never match his killings or speed with the 3DM gear.

The next day, we were going to go out on another expedition. This time, we were travelling to the forest of giant trees, or as Levi calls it, the forest of big ass trees. We had not yet been informed of the purpose, but from what I knew, it was a highly important expedition. This was going to be my tenth time venturing outside the walls as a member of the Survey Corps. I had become more skilled with my gear and sword, so I could now kill a titan faster and better than before.

The special operations squad is by far the strongest squad, in my opinion, as we know each other very well and get along. Levi is a great leader and, as serious as he is, he makes sure that we have the best chance of survival. Because of this, he was named "Humanity's Strongest Soldier". Levi didn't seem to give a shit about what you named him. Along with Levi's duty as Corporal, he also got his own office which had a back room. This meant that I could sleep with him instead of in the girl's quarters. It was a pretty good situation if you ask me.

After a day of resting, we all sat and had dinner in the dining hall. We never left the table that Farlan and Levi took for breakfast that first day. It was like our official unofficial seating arrangement. We were served soup and a side of bread if we wanted it. Obviously I took the bread as well and ate it all before anyone else did. Once dinner was finished and we washed our dishes, everyone headed to their dorm rooms, apart from Levi and I who slept in his office.

Levi opened the door with a slight push and let, me pass before walking into the room himself. I vented past the desk and the bookshelves and into the wooden door to the far right of the room. The office itself was very spacious and the room behind wasn't too much smaller. I took off my jacket and boots and slipped into one of Levi's oversized shirts. He was still taller than me by three inches. Levi stripped down to just his boxers and we both pulled the sheets down on the bed. I sat on the side and swung my legs onto the soft mattress. People with higher authority got the most comfortable beds money could buy.

I rolled over so that I was facing him. His face had hardly changed throughout the whole time I knew him. He still had his black hair styled into an undercut. His eyes were a metallic grey and he always had a bored expression written across his face, unless he was with me. Around me, Levi was emotional and loving. Towards other people, Levi was cold and strong. I loved him for that because it showed me that he cared for me more than others.

"Hey Levi, we have another expedition tomorrow." I stated.

"Yeah, are you nervous?" He whispered.

"No, because I know you will be by my side." I whispered back.

Levi kissed my forehead gently and then looked deeply into my eyes.

"You better get some sleep if you want to be your best tomorrow." He said.

"Yes Heichou" I saluted.

He simply ruffled my hair and rolled his eyes before he shut them. I leaned in to peck his lips and wish him goodnight before I shut my eyes as well.

"I love you Mia." He said.

"I love you too Levi." I replied.