Chapter 7

The all too familiar smell of iron filled the air as I watched everything I love fall apart. The house in the underground that I shared with Levi and Farlan. Gone. The orphanage. Gone. I watched Hanji, Tom, Levi, and Farlan die at the hands of the treacherous creatures we call titans. I screamed and screamed but there was no sound. I then felt a giant hand pick me up. A four meter class titan was smiling at me a creepy smile as it pulled me closer to its mouth. I screamed until my throat burned and then everything stopped.

I opened my eyes and frantically scanned the room. There was a white chest of draws and a wooden chair beside the bed. I wasn't in my room, but Levi's. I glanced to my right to see a pair a steel grey eyes staring back at me.

It was just a dream. Nobody was dead and the house was still intact.

"L-Levi, you're here." I said in a sleepy voice.

"Shhh, it was just a nightmare. Go to sleep, you need it." he said. I nodded at him and rolled over. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and immediately felt calmer. I dozed off for the second time that night, but this time I had peaceful dreams.

I awoke to the smell of eggs beside me. Levi was standing over the bed with a tray of food that consisted of two plates, condiments and two cups of tea. I sat up and Levi passed me the tray. He then sat down beside me.

"What's all this?" I asked.

"Breakfast" he said calmly. I rolled my eyes as if to say 'obviously'.

"You know what I mean." I said.

"I wanted to talk to you. Last night I realised that we don't talk a lot to each other."

"What do you mean? Of course we talk to each other."

"Yes we talk, but never about our past or our feelings." He said.

"Okay" I said.

"What were you dreaming about last night Mia?" He asked. There it was he was trying to figure out why I had a nightmare.

"When you woke up last night in my bed you said, 'you're here". What did that mean?' He questioned.

"Well. Um. I was having a dream that you, Farlan, my friend Hanji and my brother Tom got eaten by titans." I said reluctantly. He raised an eyebrow and looked a little shocked.

"You've seen titans before Mia?"

"Yes, I lived in Shiganshina before the fall." I said. He looked deep in thought, it must've all been adding up. Why I lived at the orphanage, why I had the nightmare.

"You never told me that you had a brother, does he live at the orphanage?"

"Yes"

"Is that why you lived at the orphanage, your parents... you know... in Shiganshina." He inferred. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. It had been a long time since I had cried over the death of my parents and I was hoping I would never do it again.

"Y-yes, T-tom and I were the only ones in our family to survive. We boarded a ferry when the colossal broke down the wall and got taken to the orphanage where I met Hanji." I sobbed. Levi leaned in closer to me and hugged my side.

"You know, my mother died when I was very young and I never knew my father, so my uncle taught me how to live in the underground. He then abandoned me after I won my first fight. I was alone for years before I met Farlan." He mumbled into the collar of my dress.

My eyes widened as I heard Levi confess of his mother's death and his almost non-existent relationship with his father. This may have been the reason why he was so emotional and had nightmares.owHHow his black hair

We stayed there in silence for a while just enjoying each other's company. I took a bite of my eggs and a sip of my tea while I thought about how life was for Levi back then. I leaned into him and rested my head in his lap while stroked my hair for comfort.

"If you do want to get anything off your chest, you know you can tell me right?" He whispered.

"Right and you can tell me too." I whispered back.

"Right"