Chapter Twelve

Here's the next part! Hope you like it guys! :3 Sorry about this being late, too. I have alot happening Internet wise.

ฯθฯθฯθฯθฯθฯθฯθ

~~~> Sonic POV

Slowly, all my senses returned. I felt something tight around my stomache, so I opened my eyes slowly.

Ugh... What happened? Why am I in so much pain?

I slowly sat up, flinching every time pain spiked up my back. I soon noticed that I was in a hospital. The sun was almost set, which meant to me that I was about to change. Great. I'm about to change. In a hospital. With some sort of wound. This'll be fun.

Wait... How did I get in the hospital in the first place?

The door opened a moment later and in came Lapuz. When she looked up at me, she stopped.

"You're up." She stated bluntly.

"Yep." I answered back.

She stared at me for another moment, then walked back out and closed the door. After a few moments, the door slammed open and showed Amy. She stood at the door, staring at me, then ran at me and glomped me in a hug.

"You're okay!!" She cried. I hissed when she touched my back, and she quickly pulled off of me with a worried look. "Oh... Sorry. Forgot about your back for a moment."

I smiled--well, more like grimanced. "It's fine. 'Bout to be in a lot more pain anyway..." I looked out the window.

She got the message, and her face darkened a bit. "Right."

Luescris, Sapphire, and Tails came in afterwards and greeted me with smiles. I gave them a half-smile in return.

"How exactly did I get here, anyway?" I asked.

"There was a tree on fire when the storm hit," Tails began. "The tree fell and crashed through the roof. The fire spread quickly throughout the house, and we all got out as fast as we could."

"But," Luescris continued. "Bolt noticed that you weren't with us, so he went after you and found you on the floor, injured, of your room. He came back out, coughing and ash covered."

"Bolt?" I asked. "Is he alright?"

"He's fine." Amy replied. "He's sleeping in the next room."

I nodded. "What about Alice?"

"She's with Bolt."

I sighed, and layed back down on the bed. Something felt off about the story. Trees don't normally get on fire because of a lightning. Someone must've set it on fire.

"How long has it been since we got here?" I asked.

Tails said, "About a day or so."

At least we're all safe... For now. And again. I thought.

I looked over at Amy, and noticed that she looked kinda nervous. So I sat up slowly and took her hand. "Ames? You okay?" I asked.

She bit her lip and looked at the others. Tails nodded to her.

What's going on? I thought as everyone but Amy filed out of the room.

"Amy?" I asked, looking back at her once the door had closed. "What's going on?"

For a while, she only stared at the floor. Then she mumbled something.

I did my best to scoot closer without triggering my back, which took some time, and placed my hand on hers. "You can tell me anything." I told her. "Just tell me."