Chapter Twenty Three- War Begins

A/N: HUE HUE HUEEEEE FINALLYYYYY!!! There's gonna be alot of POV switchings, by the way. BE PREPAAAREDDD~~! (If you get that reference I'll love you forever.) Also, be prepared to cringe-

~~> Sonics POV

"Are you sure you're going to be okay here?" I asked Amy, standing outside of the jet, worry clawing at my heart.

Amy smiled at me and rolled her eyes. "Yes. I'll be fine, Sonic. You're the one who told me to stay here in the first place anyway."

"I-I know," I replied sheepishly, scratching my head. "But I'm still gonna worry." I then looked over at Tails, who had already begun to dig into the jets' engine as soon as they had landed, with Lapuz right at his side. I sighed and looked back up at Amy and said gently, "Just be safe."

"You too. You'd better come back alive." Her features turned into sadness. "If you die--"

I quickly reached up and took her hands in mine with a stern hold. "Don't think about that. Don't worry yourself. We will be fine. I promise."

"Hey Sonic!!" Knuckles shouted then. "We gonna go or what?!"

I narrowed my eyes a bit with irritation. Will he ever learn patience?

Amy smiled sadly. "Just go, Sonic. The world's calling."

My mouth twitched into a small smile. Without hesitating, I jumped up onto the edge of the jet and kissed her for a few seconds passionately, holding her face in my hands as gently as possible. I didn't want to let go or pull away, especially since I hadn't kissed her for so long. I missed her lips. But to my dismay, she pulled away. I sighed sadly, not opening my eyes.

"Go you dork. I'll be waiting." She whispered, then I felt her face inch away.

I finally jumped down, and turned to the others, who seemed to be standing there awkwardly. "Alright," I said, clearimg my throat. "Let's get this over with."

Tails walked over to me and handed me the bag with the Chaos Emeralds. "Here. Take these. You might need them."

I nodded. I reached behind my head and placed them in my quills, and took a deep breath.

And with final hesitations, we moved forward.

~~> Amy's POV

I watched as the group disappeared in the surrounding forest with a hand gently touching my lips. Sonic hadn't kissed me for so long... Though I was still pretty worried.

As if reading my mind, Tails said to me, "You know they'll be fine."

I slowly looked away and at him. He was sitting on the ground with a pile of metal parts in front of him, as well as a few tools.

"Tails, you know that things haven't been going right. And I always worry, even before." I sighed, laying my head down on my crossed arms.

He chuckled. "I know, but still. They've got this. I have a good feeling about this plan."

I sat myself onto the seats and didn't respond. I watched as he worked quickly, standing up every few minutes to take something else out of either the engine or the front. Lapuz floated next to him, quietly pointing out a few minor mistakes. I sighed and sat back, staring out into the horizon, with one thing on my mind.

We were so close to winning. It's been so long, longer than we thought would ever happen. And it felt so good to know that. My heart skipped a beat each time I thought about after this. About what we would go back to. Our normal lives, with the kids going back to school, I to my bakery, and Sonic.. Well, being Sonic. But there was also the possibility of failing. This plan wasn't really the greatest. I saw many holes, many flaws. And the thought of Scourge finding that hole is worrisome.