Chapter Twenty Six- Super Fights

Guys, guess what.

We're almost done. ;;--;; About three chapters to go.

Brace yourselves for the end.

~ Bolts POV

The power seemed almost too much.

And yet, it was warm. Welcoming. I felt powerful beyond measures, more confident than what I did a few moments ago.

A swell of pride, courage. Light.

I quickly gazed into each of the others faces, each one filled with suprise, including Scourge. I stopped at his.

"Well?" I said.

Scourge stared at me for another moment, then his eyes slowly narrowed at me and he dropped my father, who didn't get back up. "Fine. You're asking for it."

He rushed at me at full speed. I immediately rushed off, pushing off of the ground a bit too hard. I outstretched my arms as I wobbled slightly in the air, going up at full speed as well. This was gonna take some getting used to.

I'll be back guys.. I thought. I promise.

~~> Normal POV

Amy reached her hand out in the direction of where Bolt and Scourge had flown off slightly, worry clogging her heart. The others rushed passed her. Her guess was to where Sonic was laying.

Sonic... She thought.

After a moment of hoping that her son would return, she turned her head to the group of friends that surrounded her husband. They had helped him rise to a sitting position, muttering words of encouragement and holding him up.

Then, he looked over at Amy. Her heart hurt as his eyes filled with sorrow. The rest turned to her as well.

Assuming she had no other option, she moved forward slowly. The words Scourge spoke twirled in her head. There was a certain unsureness about her love for him. There was.. A certain emptiness. The ring on her finger felt wrong in a way. Like it shouldn't be there.

Sonic muttered something to the others when she arrived, something she couldn't hear. They all left when she knelt in front of him, not meeting his gaze, staring at the ground. It was a quiet few moments.

"... Don't tell me you believe him." Sonic finally spoke, softly and with a hint of hurt in his voice.

Amy clenched up her fists as a lump formed in her throat. "... He was right... About our past.." She looked up at him, a tear leaking down her face. "How can I not..?"

He studied her quietly, then scooted closer -- wincing slightly -- and placed a slightly shaking hand underneath her quills. "Our past is something I regret deeply. It was something I shouldn't have done. I hurt you," He inched his face closer to hers, his voice low and sorrowful. "And I'm sorry..."

Then he was kissing her, in a slow, sorrowful way that she hadn't ever felt before. Unwanted tears fell down Amy's muzzle. She felt that his apology was true, that he meant what he said. And anything else he had before. So she wrapped her arms around his neck slowly, kissing back. He tilted his head slightly as if acknowledging the response. After a few more long moments, they seperated.

"I forgive you.." She breathed.

Sonic gave a small, yet meaningful smile.

~~> Bolt

This was alot harder than I thought it would be.

The amount of power was a struggle to control. And the fact that I had to try to fight Scourge while controlling it was even harder. I was focused on two different things, and it was hard to move out of the way whenever Scourge attacked.