Game Day

Bruce Banner

After not being able to fall asleep for the longest time, I decide to help out at the night shift. I walk out of my room to see Percy and another kid standing in the hallway in front of an unoccupied room. "Hey Percy, who's this?" I ask.

"Bruce, meet my good friend Peter Parker," Percy says, "You can go talk about sciency stuff together."

"What are you doing up Dr. Banner?" Peter asks.

"Oh, I just couldn't fall asleep, and you can call me Bruce," I say smiling, "Would you like to help me in the lab?"

Peter's face lights up, "Oh, that would be awesome?" He looks at Percy who gives him a go ahead look. We take off to the lab.

"Ok, here we are," I say opening an unmarked door. Inside are tables of machine parts, and beakers with experiments.

"This is awesome!" Peter exclaims looking around. "So what are you working on?"

"Well in the technology part of the room, Tony is working to get all our weapons suited with celestial bronze or imperial gold. Percy said it's the only way to kill the monsters," I explain pointing to the modified weapons.

"And what are you doing?" Peter asks curious.

"I'm trying to create a bio-bomb, we can have it target only Chitauri biology," I say.

"Wow that would be amazing. Is that what you could use my help on?" Peter asks excited.

I laugh at his excitement, "Yeah, I'm trying to program the biology targeting right now," I say as I turn on the computer.

"Oh, I might be able to do that for you," Peter says sitting down and working on the computer. I smile looking down at Peter ferociously typing. He's a really smart kid, and should be using his genius for amazing things.6

Finally, Peter looks up from typing. "That should be it, all we need now is a Chitauri cell sample."

"That's great Peter," I say, "Do you want to see what everyone else is doing, it's morning already."

"Sure, I'm going to need some coffee though," Peter jokes before we walk out to the hallway. We meet up with Tony and Steve who are arguing over who's better, Batman or Superman.

"What do you think Bruce, and whoever you are?" Tony asks.

"Well, I personally think that Robin is the best DC superhero, but if I had to pick it would be Batman," Peter explains.

"Ha! I told you Cap, Batman is better!" Tony exclaims. Both Peter and I start laughing at their child-like antics. Percy joins us in the elevator, along with the other demigods.

"So, Percy is this guy your friend?" Tony asks.

"Yup, this is Peter Parker, the second smartest person I know," Percy says putting an arm over Peter's shoulders.

"Who's the smartest, me?" Tony asks.

"No, you're the third smartest I know," Percy smiles leaving everyone else to guess who the smartest person he knows is. The Guardians joins us on the next floor crowding the elevator even more.

"Tony, are you sure the elevator can hold all of us?" I ask tentatively.

"Oh course it can Brucey, this elevator can hold anything," Tony smirks.

We finally reach the ground floor and everyone files out. We head to the kitchen where Natasha, Clint, and Thor are waiting. "Ok, who knows how to cook?" Steve asks taking charge. A few people raise their hands, and Steve takes them into the kitchen to cook breakfast.

"Ok, so today's game day," Percy says seriously.

"Really! I thought we at least had another week," Tony exclaims.

"No, the time is now. Thanos and his army will be waiting for us at noon. I pull a few more favors to get more allies, and Camp will be coming, but we will still probably be outnumbered," Percy states.

"Ok. F.R.I.D.A.Y. bring up a map of the city," Tony asks. Soon, a holographic map of the city pops up above the table.

"Thanks Tony, ok so Thanos is going to be here," Annabeth says pointing to the map, "So we're going to split into groups and surround them."

"Sounds good," Tony muses, "So who are the groups?"

"Well, the Avengers will be the frontal attack with Spiderman, Ant-Man, and Wasp. The S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents will be right flank, Guardians are left, and the demigods are behind. Each group will be beefed up by campers," Annabeth explains.

"Sounds good, so when are we fighting?" Clint asks.

"At noon," Daisy replies, then stands up, "I need to call in some reinforcements."

"Breakfast time!" Steve calls from the kitchen. We all troop into the kitchen where a buffet is set up.

"Buffet! I love buffets!" Leo exclaims running in front of everybody. We all grab our food and either sit or stand eating. For breakfast, we have pancakes, bacon, and eggs, and it's delicious.

We eat in silence for a few minutes, then gather in the mission room for Annabeth to explain the plan. That girl is very strategic, almost better than Cap, though I would never tell him that. "Ok, does everyone get that?" Annabeth asks.

A chorus of "Yes's," and, "Yeah's." where heard around the room.

"Ok, let's get ready to kill this monster," Annabeth says as we split up to get ready. Soon, only I remain in the room along the demigods.

"Better get your super stretchy pants on Dr. Banner, we're gonna need the big guy," Leo jokes. I crack a smile at him, but it doesn't reach my eyes.

"Do you really think we can do this?" I ask hoping for a truthful answer. Annabeth and Percy beckon me into the hallway away from everyone else.

"In truth, I don't think we can," Annabeth says solemnly. Man, these kids still have the rest of their lives in front of them, they might not even make it to twenty. Annabeth continues, "This is much bigger than anything we've ever faced before. Thanos has no weaknesses and can't die. I just hope we can find a way to capture him with all the forces we're bringing in."

"So, when are your friends coming?" I ask trying to change the topic.

"Eleven, so we can tell them the plan and break into groups, I just hope everyone brought as many allies as they could," Percy replies. We walk back into the mission room talk for a bit.

Soon, it's it eleven, Percy's friends should arrive any minute. We all wait around the living room armed to the teeth with just about any handheld weapon imaginable.

"Sir, there is a boy and four companions requesting access to the Avenger's Floor," F.R.I.D.A.Y. says suddenly.

"Should I let them up?" Tony asks skeptically.

"Yes," Annabeth exclaims.

"Ok F.R.I.D.A.Y., let them up," Tony says.

Annabeth looks at Thor and Loki, "This will be interesting," I hear her mutter.

The elevator door opens and a teenage boy walks out into the living room scanning the room. He has grey eyes and shoulder length blond hair. "Annabeth!" he exclaims running across the room to hug her. His three companions hang awkwardly in the doorway. One is a tall man with pale grey eyes and short spikey blond hair that's almost white. Then there's a short man with dark skin and black hair, he looks like he has sunscreen on even though it's cloudy outside. Last, is the most normal looking of the three. She's a teenage girl with long brown hair, she looks Arab which probably means the scarf around her neck is a hijab.

mdqMt'3Vc��