The Battle has Begun

Sadie Kane

It's all been quite a rush since yesterday. We got Percy's message, and prepared everyone for the fight. When it was time I made a portal, and we all jumped in. I was extremely surprised when we arrived in the Avenger's tower. I'd really hoped we would be done with all this stuff after the battle with Apophis, but I guess not. I'm glad some of the gods got out of Duat to back us if needed. We have Isis, Horus, Ra, and of course Anubis.

I look at Carter who gives me a grim smile, here we go again. I step outside onto the balcony and look around. It's a great view that I probably would enjoy if not for the battle ahead. I see Percy and Annabeth whispering together, probably coming up with a plan on how to win. The tyet amulet around my neck was feeling warm and I hoped that meant Isis had hitched a ride.

"Are you ready for this?" Walt asks sneaking up on me, actually that could've be Anubis I can't ever tell.

"Yeah, are you?" I reply.

"As ready as I'll ever be," He replies.

"Ok, we'll split into groups to ride to the battle zone, a third can go on the Argo III, a third in the Quinjet, and the rest in the Guardian's ship" captain America directs.

"We'll go on the Argo III," I say leading the 21st Nome after the demigods.

"We'll go on the Guardian's ship," Magnus exclaims.

"Ok, everyone else is with us," Captain America says. Everyone goes to their respective ships and we take off.

"This is awesome!" Felix exclaims looking over the railing of the ship.

"Yes, isn't she a beauty," Leo says.

"Did you build this?" Felix asks.

"Yup," Leo smirks. He has an ego the size of the Avenger's Tower. Soon, we land in a clearing in the woods. Everyone departs from their rides and gathers in a group.

"Ok, the battle ground in just behind those trees. I've asked Fury to evacuate the civilians from the area as a precaution. Does everyone remember the plan?" Captain America asks.

A collective, "Yes," came from us as a reply.

"Then let's get into position," Annabeth directs. We follow the Guardians around the area to the left and crouch behind the line of bushes to stay hidden.

A few moments later a rustle behind us alerts me to turn around, and I'm glad I did. Behind us is a group of scary looking demigods dressed in armor. Out of the ten in front six look like twins, or at least siblings. The boys have curly brown hair and blue eyes. The others are girls with brown hair and green eyes and girls with dark hair and a challenging look in their eyes. The rest of the kids are a girl with green eyes and dark hair, a boy with dark hair and a smirk, a boy with violet eyes and blond hair, and a guy with a shaved head and a rainbow tattoo.

"Hi, I'm Travis...," the taller boy with curly brown hair says.

"...and I'm Conner," his brother finishes.

"Percy sent us..." Travis starts.

"...to help out," Conner ends.

"Ok, I'm Sadie Kane, that's my brother Carter, that guy is Starlord, that's Drax, Groot, Rocket, Gamora, Walt, Zia, and everyone else," I say not really wanting to go through everyone's names.

"Ok, well that's Katie, Miranda, Holly, Laurel, Lou, Sherman, Pollux, and Butch we're the Hermes, Demeter, Nike, Hecate, Ares, Dionysus, and Iris cabins," Travis says completing a whole sentence without his brother. I almost clapped, but then decided it was rude.

"Ok, well when a big purple giant comes down from the sky in an enormous spaceship, the Avenger's will attack the front. Then we'll jump him and his alien buddies," Starlord explains.

"Got it," Travis and Conner grin, begin to relay the information back to everyone. The demigods all work so well together, much better than the 21st Nome.

Suddenly, everything happens at once. A huge blue hole opens up in the sky showing outer space, and the alien army. The big ship looks like a warped rectangle, that must be the mother ship. Around the mother ship are enormous serpent things with spikes flying towards us. Around the space serpents are little crafts holding three aliens each, there were thousands upon thousands of these. All the stuff was heading right towards us.

"That's a lot of aliens," I hear Felix mutter. He's right, I don't know how we could do this.

"This is fine," I hear Iron Man say through the COMs that the Avenger's gave us, "We just need to close the portal."

Finally, coming down on his giant floating chair is a guy which must be Thanos. He's a purple giant with a gold glove on one hand with three gems on it, it seems to be missing two. That must hold the Infinity Gems. Which means he has more than us.

"Is that Thanos?" Travis asks.

"Yeah, now be quiet," Starlord replies.

Thanos' space chair lands along with about twenty space crafts. Everything else stays airborne. He gets out of his chair and walks up to the Avengers.

"Is there any chance you will surrender?" Thanos asks grinning.

"Never!" Iron Man exclaims. Thanos take a step forward as to grab him.

"Avengers Assemble!" Captain America shouts before the Avenger's attack.

"Legion, cuneum formate!" I hear someone yell, "Advance!" A bunch of warriors wearing slightly different armor attack.

"Greeks! Let's, um, fight stuff!" Percy shouts, and the Greeks attack.

"That's our cue!" Carter shouts as the 21st Nome attacks. Soon we're all engrossed in the fight. The battle for humanity has begun.